1. Lovely song that brings the 2 albums together as one
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:Revisiting the discussion over what "13" is supposed to refer to in the title...I know earlier it had been suggested that this referenced Psalm 13, and that many were not convinced, myself included. But re-reading Psalm 13 this morning, it makes sense. It's not an exact lyrical copy like "40" borrows from the first few verses of Psalm 40, but the usage of "light" and the theme of keeping hope alive in a world where "darkness gathers around the light" is essentially the exact same.

I'm convinced! And loving the song/album even more now.

13 is also the age Bono was a year before his mother passed. 13 could represent the transition from innocence to experience...
  3. 13 into Streets would be mega!
  4. Great song on the album. Not such a huge fan live.
  5. I agree, after LIBTAIIW the crowd is very energetic then play 13 it essentially like put water on fire. Placing a song like Until the End of the World or a rocker like that to keep the flame of Love is Bigger going, then playing 13 would to me fit better. But it's not likely though because it wouldn't fit with the whole narrative of the show.
  6. Very interesting to see that this one already existed, in some recognisable form at least, back in 2014. I wonder if the 'brush with mortality' changed this one much, or if it was already such a heavy-hearted tune.
  7. 13 closes the shows in a quite beautiful way... the melancholy, the experience reflecting on innocence works beautifully. I found it very moving, but we were right beside the e-stage so knew what was happening. On my 3rd gig I got it more than the first 2.

It is quite a brave way to end since the band don't get a huge send off, the audience are left questioning as to whether it is actually the end of the show.
  8. SOE is one of my favourite U2 albums and this might be my favourite song on the album. The last minute starting with “I know the world is done, but you don’t have to be” (I refuse to acknowledge the lyric is “dumb”) gives me chills every single time. What a song
  9. I got tearful hearing this in Manchester, felt like something was ending for me and that I won’t be seeing the band for a long time. I connected with the song straight away when I first heard it last Dec... makes me think about my two boys and how they are growing up so fast.