1. Always loved Song for Someone, but this is a little more even better.
    I could fall asleep in peace after hearing this. (Yes that's a positive thing).
  2. damn, I wish I wrote this song...
  3. 13 is a good closing song, the muffed guitars reminds me of Pop era... it also sounds a bit like Tomorrow Common Ground remix
  4. When I first listen to this album drunk I will listen then listen to Iris and laugh at its stupid jingle guitar.
  5. Do you mean when you listen to Lights of Home that you will then laugh at Iris?

Either way, your drunken saga was fine reading, good sir. I agree with much of your musings. Thank you!

Regarding "13", please, please, please let this be the tour closer, in the same way that "Wake Up Dead Man" closed PopMart.
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Do you mean when you listen to Lights of Home that you will then laugh at Iris?

Either way, your drunken saga was fine reading, good sir. I agree with much of your musings. Thank you!

Regarding "13", please, please, please let this be the tour closer, in the same way that "Wake Up Dead Man" closed PopMart.
    I fully agree with your "13" comment.
  7. I absolutely hate that they named this one "13", that's pretty stupid and it should've been called just "There is a Light".

Unless they officially say something like this was written 3 years ago for John Abraham when he was 13 years old... then I'd still think it was stupid to name the song 13, and I'd still hate it, but not "absolutely" hate it, just ordinary hate.

I refuse to call it 13, so I'll refer to this one as There is a Light.

(obviously Forty makes perfect sense and has nothing to do with this)
  8. I really couldn't stand "Song for Someone," at first so I wasn't thrilled to hear this was going to be a throwback to that one, but I think I enjoy what they did here and it's a very good song to close the "official," album......
  9. A friend has mentioned in a fb group that 13 might not take its name from the song position it's at, but to the number of sons+daughters that form the U2 clan right now.

That's clever.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:A friend has mentioned in a fb group that 13 might not take its name from the song position it's at, but to the number of sons+daughters that form the U2 clan right now.

That's clever.
    Heard that too and was trying to count them ... is it actually 13?!
  11. Nah, I hadn't taken a minute to count.

5x Edge
    4x Bono
    3x Larry
    1x 2x Adam

So numbers don't match. I will tell my friend
  12. I like that it's called 13. 13 has that sort of association with misfortune, darkness, bad luck, finality... it suits it.

It also makes me feel like it was originally intended to be a hidden track at the end but for whatever reason (presumably because it was in iTunes, etc) it ended up just being a listed track, similar to the last hidden song on the R.E.M. album Green is just called 11.