1. Originally posted by Remy:According to Bono there is a typo in the printed lyrics of this song. "World is done" should be "World is dumb". Fixed it on our lyrics page.
    Yeah, 'world' is done doesn't sound like U2 thought to have... although for (far too) many, more than dumb, it is cruel and senseless. And, with man made climate change, senseless waste of natural resources, growing inequality, and so on, it is indeed probably done.
  2. He doesn't enunciate himself well then. It still sounds like he says 'done' instead of 'dumb'. Maybe it was also a wrong vocal take?
  3. Drunk Gerard still adores this one. It has lost some shine but Christ tonight that last minute is as good as it gets.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:According to Bono there is a typo in the printed lyrics of this song. "World is done" should be "World is dumb". Fixed it on our lyrics page.

Where did he say that?
  5. I know those new lyrics are dumb, but you don't have to be.
  6. Seriously. "Done" is so much better. And he clearly says "done" on the recording, as far as I can tell. Sorry, Bono!
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Seriously. "Done" is so much better. And he clearly says "done" on the recording, as far as I can tell. Sorry, Bono!
    i would have to agree he says done, dumb would be cool.. but he said done
  8. This is a beautiful track... makes me choke up every time I listen to it... My wife thought it was clever that they had used Song for Someone (her fav from SOI) but made it work in another track and fitted so well. Think this is underestimated.
  9. Revisiting the discussion over what "13" is supposed to refer to in the title...I know earlier it had been suggested that this referenced Psalm 13, and that many were not convinced, myself included. But re-reading Psalm 13 this morning, it makes sense. It's not an exact lyrical copy like "40" borrows from the first few verses of Psalm 40, but the usage of "light" and the theme of keeping hope alive in a world where "darkness gathers around the light" is essentially the exact same.

I'm convinced! And loving the song/album even more now.

10. is this real?