1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Not a chance YTBT was the biggest & most well known song on the album regardless of the hardcore opinions of it same with Song for someone it's the most popular song on Spotify from SOI but it gets a lot of stick on fan forums. BOYH is however a great song it's old school U2 but it does lack something it could have been a late addition that didn't get enough attention or maybe it just didn't sit well enough with the rest of the album proper.
    The Best Thing was indeed SOE's most well known song on the setlist, and STILL they butchered that popularity by performing an insipid and boring acoustic version that led thousands to the toilets and beer counters. For what is worth they could have played a banjo version of Ave Maria and the audience would have given the same shits (zero).
  2. One one their best song ever, Bono should use his lower register more, also the Joshua Tree type of singig in the end makes a great dynamic in the song.
  3. It would be awful tricky for Bono to stick that ending live, which I’m sure contributed to it not being played. I think they’d be able to work some version of it out, though - and I can imagine that if they’d played it with any regularity, once - and probably just once - Bono WOULD manage that ending. And if that happened live, we’d all have one performance to go back to again and again...

On the other hand, as much as I like this song, I can’t say I was bothered by its absence. The Crystal Ballroom being played only twice was a way, way more noticeable blunder in my book than this song never getting a go.
  4. book of your ❤️
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It was great until the very end. The "Babe, I don't belong to you" is so hard to get right (I still can't believe how Bono did it). Still a great sounding version, they're just SO good.
    Agreed,
    For me I'm still annoyed this song wasn't put on the main side of the album, it fits well with the SOE theme. i always skip, American Soul and GEOYOW
    would love to hear this live more than any other song on SOE and it's not even on the album
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:It would be awful tricky for Bono to stick that ending live, which I’m sure contributed to it not being played. I think they’d be able to work some version of it out, though - and I can imagine that if they’d played it with any regularity, once - and probably just once - Bono WOULD manage that ending. And if that happened live, we’d all have one performance to go back to again and again...

On the other hand, as much as I like this song, I can’t say I was bothered by its absence. The Crystal Ballroom being played only twice was a way, way more noticeable blunder in my book than this song never getting a go.
    YES to everything, specially to the last statement! U2 not playing The Crystal Ballroom on a regular basis was and still is criminal.

I'm fine with Book Of Your Heart being relegated to the never-played status because they'd make a mess out of it anyway It's fine as it is. One of U2's finest crescendos!
  7. BOYH is altough the song is not on the "main" SOE with Little Things by far the best song of SOE.
    A shame that BOYH is a bonus track. The last part sounds a bit unfinished.
    I don't think we will ever hear BOYH live. Rehearsing their songs until they can play them from begin to the end and from the end to begin and knowing every note and cord is not a strong point of U2, unfortenately
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    YES to everything, specially to the last statement! U2 not playing The Crystal Ballroom on a regular basis was and still is criminal.

I'm fine with Book Of Your Heart being relegated to the never-played status because they'd make a mess out of it anyway It's fine as it is. One of U2's finest crescendos!
    Yeah, Book of Your Heart would be difficult to get right. It’s a very “studio” song.

And I’m holding out hope (foolishly) for them one day realizing what a gem they have in TCB. Remember when Edge suggested it might be Songs of Innocence’s third single?! What happened to THAT? Even that shaky first performance in Chicago was still excellent, what a highlight it would’ve been...
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Yeah, Book of Your Heart would be difficult to get right. It’s a very “studio” song.

And I’m holding out hope (foolishly) for them one day realizing what a gem they have in TCB. Remember when Edge suggested it might be Songs of Innocence’s third single?! What happened to THAT? Even that shaky first performance in Chicago was still excellent, what a highlight it would’ve been...
    I didn't know Edge had said that - it only makes it worse now!
  10. Such an underrated song.
    still one of my faves