1. Yeah, that's why I call it bullshit. I just think they didn't feel the audience engaged with Little Things in 2017 (which was understandable imho, it was unreleased and also it ain't Vertigo or Elevation, you just can't go wild to Little Things easily lol) and just got rid of it for 2018. Error 404 - logic not found.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, that's why I call it bullshit. I just think they didn't feel the audience engaged with Little Things in 2017 (which was understandable imho, it was unreleased and also it ain't Vertigo or Elevation, you just can't go wild to Little Things easily lol) and just got rid of it for 2018. Error 404 - logic not found.
    Exactly my point. And in 2018 it would have bigger impact. And much bigger if they had balls to put it out as single (couldn't be worse single than any other from SOE).
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Exactly my point. And in 2018 it would have bigger impact. And much bigger if they had balls to put it out as single (couldn't be worse single than any other from SOE).

Having a mid-tempo ballad about death with some of the most personal lyrics Bono's ever written as a single? Haha yeah, what a pipe dream

And what do you mean by your last sentence, you're telling me American Soul or The Showman wouldn't have been super-mega hits???
  4. *sneaks in*

Ah, so you're finally admitting one can go wild to Elevation?

*hurries out*
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Having a mid-tempo ballad about death with some of the most personal lyrics Bono's ever written as a single? Haha yeah, what a pipe dream

And what do you mean by your last sentence, you're telling me American Soul or The Showman wouldn't have been super-mega hits???
    Today you can have digital singles from all album songs,but yeah they wouldn't dare to do it because they are them
  6. Oh yes, absolutely! I've always admitted it It's a fucking great song to jump along to. It just has the dumbest set of lyrics Bono's ever written, and that bothers me big big time
  7. The only song in SOE that sounds like U2
    One of the best songs in the Album, as good as Little Things imo
  8. What is exactly to "sound like U2"?

To sound like Pride, Streets, etc?

Or to sound like Mofo, Get On Your Boots, Alex Descends Into Hell or Holy Joe? (to name a few from very different styles)
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    What is exactly to "sound like U2"?

To sound like Pride, Streets, etc?

Or to sound like Mofo, Get On Your Boots, Alex Descends Into Hell or Holy Joe? (to name a few from very different styles)
    Post 80s U2s sound was heavily influenced by a lot of other bands such as The Stone Roses,Happy Monday's, Chemical Brothers , Bowie , Led Zeppelin ,Kraftwerk and Lou Reed sorta like Stealing from the thieves as Bono put it ,a lot of those songs you mentioned aren't traditional U2 sounding a lot of their 80s work was more original IMO .
  10. +

I also think NLOTH is great, but this century? That is like since 2000 if I know what a century is lol. I would rank them as 1. ATYCLB 2 Atomic 3 NLOTH 4 SOE 5 SOI. From Pop to SOE they were getting progressively worse until SOE was better than SOI...and since Pop is in my top 3, they have been in deep decline, but hay...still some monster good albums, making me very proud to be a U2 fan. And the last 2 albums were almost hammered by leaving off songs related to the dreaded bonus tracks.
  11. You got a great point, U2 has so many different eras that sometimes you could feel to be listening to another band depending on the eras. But, I do think that when I say 'u2 sound' I am referring to Streets, One, Pride, Ultraviolet, Every Breaking Wave, NYD style. Perhaps the distinction of U2 comes when all 4 members shine together. But it has to be the four of them, it can't be one standing out and the rest laid back. For instance, Little Things has the crescendo part on the "sometimes" where every element of U2 shines together. Book of Your Heart has the chorus and the ending crescendo. Every Breaking Wave has the 4 elements from the very beginning, One has the infinite crescendo, Streets as well, Mercy too....