1. Stay, Wild Horses, I even think Love Is Bigger has that kind of essence, I don't know if I am taking my point across
  2. Originally posted by Juandi08:You got a great point, U2 has so many different eras that sometimes you could feel to be listening to another band depending on the eras. But, I do think that when I say 'u2 sound' I am referring to Streets, One, Pride, Ultraviolet, Every Breaking Wave, NYD style. Perhaps the distinction of U2 comes when all 4 members shine together. But it has to be the four of them, it can't be one standing out and the rest laid back. For instance, Little Things has the crescendo part on the "sometimes" where every element of U2 shines together. Book of Your Heart has the chorus and the ending crescendo. Every Breaking Wave has the 4 elements from the very beginning, One has the infinite crescendo, Streets as well, Mercy too....

I would agree with you to a point. On all those songs except EBW. On the album version, it's not really the U2 sound. It's the sound of 4 men chopping down 35 years worth of growth to get Ryan Teddy Bear Tedder the opportunity to make them sound like Coldplay. The acoustic version is the "U2 Sound." In the old days I hated how they got lazy on songs like Staring At The Sun, or even Stuck In A Moment, as I wanted the full band version...but EWB is wretched on SOI, but the acoustic version is pure gold magic U2.
  3. It is very strange that BFH is not on SOE and is just a bonus track. Along with Little things and RFD, the only songs on SOE that are worthy of U2, the rest are boring and mediocre.
  4. Originally posted by ferrari:It is very strange that BFH is not on SOE and is just a bonus track. Along with Little things and RFD, the only songs on SOE that are worthy of U2, the rest are boring and mediocre.
    Well as far as I'm concerned it's on the album it's on the single disc I bought so that's how i look at it ,the most bizzare thing is why they never played it on the the E&I tour or the Little things which is the best song on the album by a country mile.