1. still not a fan of this one
  2. This song is very good.
  3. Originally posted by zooviking:[..]
    Im with you!, Book of your heart is one of the best songs from U2 in a long while, among the best 3 on SOE.
    The "Hotel California" ending is epic and Bono's voice, amazing.
    Joshua tree meet passengers meet million dollar hotel.

As time moves on with SOE, it is more evident to me that Book would have been a daring album opening track. I have in fact, made my own version of the track listing, and as jarring and unusual an opener it is, I love it. I am very happy inside knowing U2 still have it in them to make songs that are not trying hard for airplay. The atmosphere of the song provokes deep thought, changes life as we know it. Ok, maybe not that deep, but it
    really does capture the feeling of the old TUF and TJT b SIDES

And can't help mentioning that Million Dollar Hotel proved that almost anything is possible. From 1990 on, I was convinced that nobody in music could do worse in moviemaking than Prince's "Graffiti Bridge." Bono somehow managed to. The mumbling fumbling and bumbling and more mumbling of the characters was fascinating for a few seconds as I ponder how anyone could watch the film in the editing room and not know how awful it was. "Hay Bob, this is garbage, send it back." "Uh, Chahlie, this was made by that Bono guy, so we can't hurt any powerful feelings." The MDH songs were epic, and if you throw those on ATYCLB, removing Grace, you have one FANTASTIC album...yeah my end was off topic, but that mumbling and bumbling of the Million Dollar Movie still brings a smile to my face.
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

As time moves on with SOE, it is more evident to me that Book would have been a daring album opening track. I have in fact, made my own version of the track listing, and as jarring and unusual an opener it is, I love it.

And can't help mentioning that Million Dollar Hotel proved that almost anything is possible. From 1990 on, I was convinced that nobody in music could do worse in moviemaking than Prince's "Graffiti Bridge." Bono somehow managed to. The mumbling fumbling and bumbling and more mumbling of the characters was fascinating for a few seconds as I ponder how anyone could watch the film in the editing room and not know how awful it was. "Hay Bob, this is garbage, send it back." "Uh, Chahlie, this was made by that Bono guy, so we can't hurt any powerful feelings." The MDH songs were epic, and if you throw those on ATYCLB, removing Grace, you have one FANTASTIC album...yeah my end was off topic, but that mumbling and bumbling of the Million Dollar Movie still brings a smile to my face.
    Agreed, the Million Dollar Hotel movie is awful but its soundtrack is better than most of what U2 created between 1998 and 2008!
  5. I still cannot shake off the Sacred Love vibes from this one.... it just reminds me of Sting so much. It’s pretty out there
  6. You can change your name, or even who you are
    That's the beauty of the scar
    That is the contract of the heart
    This is our wedding day
    This is the promise that we'll stay
    Through the long descriptive passages
    Where we don't know what to say

This verse and Bono's vocal performance during it is one of the best things on SOE.
  7. The 2nd best song of SOE, could have been the best, but the song is too short. And its a shame that this song is just a bonus track. Like The Crystal Ballroom for SOI.
  8. Isn't it interesting this Barlow character produced the better (best) songs - including Book Of Your Heart. My god....Bono's vocals are fucking beautiful; the whole layering - the bass, the drums, synths, guitar - it's a stunner. How the hell did this song not even see the original album listing; worth the extra just for this. Forget the Ordinary Love remix - this is where it's at for that second disc.

An absolute beauty - easily in the top 10 from 2000 onwards of their best songs released. I want to cry every time I hear it because of its sheer ... THERE'S NO WORDS FOR THIS MASTERPIECE.
  9. A favorite of the new album! Definitely not a bonus track.
  10. I had exactly the same association. Especially the lyrics "Babe I only love to you
    Love is what we choose to do" and the way Bono sings these lines remind me of the opening lyrics of Like a Hurricane. Both songs are awesome