1. Just heard this masterpiece for the very first time and totally blown away by it.
    epic.
    wow

just wow.
  2. It really isn’t that special to me? The lyrics are better as a poem than a song. I like it just definitely won’t be seeking it out to play.
  3. Originally posted by kris_smith87:It really isn’t that special to me? The lyrics are better as a poem than a song. I like it just definitely won’t be seeking it out to play.
    for me the lyrics get me.
    You can change your name, or even who you are
    That's the beauty of the scar
    That is the contract of the heart
    This is our wedding day
    This is the promise that we'll stay
    Through the long descriptive passages
    Where we don't know what to say

A lot of people could relate to that
  4. What a awsome f... great song is this, way too short!!
  5. Agree this is a masterpiece. It's my favorite song on the album. I love the lyrics and the way Bono sings it.
  6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:It really isn’t that special to me? The lyrics are better as a poem than a song. I like it just definitely won’t be seeking it out to play.
    I like the sound of the song more than the song/lyrics itself.
  7. This song makes me want U2's next album to be produced/engineered by Andy Barlow alone.
  8. Show closer of the the tour. Don't let this song be the new Acrobat!
  9. If he's responsible for the "sound" of this song, I'd be down.

10. Contrary to all the other songs, there's actually only one guy (mostly) behind this one, and it's him. First learnt about him through his duo, Lamb, which has incredible atmospheric songs

He also is one of the guys behind Love Is All We Have Left
  11. Originally posted by Sev00:[..]
    [image]

Contrary to all the other songs, there's actually only one guy (mostly) behind this one, and it's him. First learnt about him through his duo, Lamb, which has incredible atmospheric songs

He also is one of the guys behind Love Is All We Have Left
    Damn. Yes, then.

GET THAT MAN ON SONGS OF ASCENT.