1. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's a disjunctive song. Probably the worst lyrics from their whole discography, and probably the funniest song to enjoy live.
    Have you heard GOYB??? Foxy boots lol

This was my most favourite U2 song from 2000-2005 (until when they done the Vertigo version) and it still totally rocks on the 2001 bootlegs.Strange how it just doesnt feel right on the other tours,maybe they should've only used it on specific nights as a change to the setlists.
  2. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Have you heard GOYB??? Foxy boots lol

This was my most favourite U2 song from 2000-2005 (until when they done the Vertigo version) and it still totally rocks on the 2001 bootlegs.Strange how it just doesnt feel right on the other tours,maybe they should've only used it on specific nights as a change to the setlists.
    I think it worked great on the Experience tour. When the influx intro starts the people started to make the owl shout. I think that intro toke some of the ”older” fans back to the Elevation tour
  3. The influx remix works great becuase it is just ... amazing!

Its one of U2's best remixed songs (imho). Its got rythm, space, its super poppy in a good way. Makes you wanna move.

I wish they would make a "making off" so we could see how it has come about.

This is pretty much superior to elevations studio version as its much nicer on the ears. Its remix heaven. I thought I'd never hear it in a live U2 setting, apart from just seeing that remix kick off the Elevation sets on the Boston DVD and other bootlegs.

How good did it fit in the E+I tour? Pretty damn good. Still works more than 10 years later. It still sounds "fresh" and I love it. I'm so glad they brought it back as I never got to see the Elevation tour. I I was too young. So the opposite of what Bono92 might have suspected.
  4. Originally posted by mofothethird:The influx remix works great becuase it is just ... amazing!

Its one of U2's best remixed songs (imho). Its got rythm, space, its super poppy in a good way. Makes you wanna move.

[YouTube Video]

This is pretty much superior to elevations studio version as its much nicer on the ears. Its remix heaven. I thought I'd never hear it in a live U2 setting, apart from just seeing that remix kick off the Elevation sets on the Boston DVD and other bootlegs.

How good did it fit in the E+I tour? Pretty damn good. Still works more than 10 years later. It still sounds "fresh" and I love it. I'm so glad they brought it back as I never got to see the Elevation tour. I I was too young. So the opposite of what Bono92 might have suspected.
    It got me going. I remember the Slane Castle DVD when they walked on to the stage and started with Elevation. These memories bring me back to a 13 year old boy who was amazed how good these four lads are
  5. Yeah same. I think my first visual introduction to U2 was my parents getting the Boston DVD and that shot of them going to stage in slow-mo + the atmosphere of that song ...was amazing. I got truly hooked on U2 thanks to that era.
  6. Originally posted by mofothethird:The influx remix works great becuase it is just ... amazing!

[YouTube Video]

YES to everything. It also has one of the nicest album covers I have in my collection. It's the vinyl I always carry when I think I got chances of meeting the band and getting it signed. It's SO significant!

7. Originally posted by bono92:[..]
    I think it worked great on the Experience tour. When the influx intro starts the people started to make the owl shout. I think that intro toke some of the ”older” fans back to the Elevation tour
    You bet it did

And being spoiler free, it totally hit me off-guard*

*probably not grammatically correct English...

...but it sounds as if it totally describes my feeling back then... It was surreal...in a very enjoyable way
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    YES to everything. It also has one of the nicest album covers I have in my collection. It's the vinyl I always carry when I think I got chances of meeting the band and getting it signed. It's SO significant!

[image]
    That is just way too cool....

It looks as if the pencil draw heart was done by the boys too
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

[image]
    Yes, despite my ribbing Elevation, that is by far one of U2’s coolest single covers.
  10. It's probably done by AmpVisual (or Four5One, depending on how picky you are), but I wouldn't be suprised if the initial draft was doodled by Bono or Guggi. I wonder if Bono has signed any of those but I bet he'd do something cool with it.
  11. Originally posted by mofothethird:The influx remix works great becuase it is just ... amazing!

[YouTube Video]

Originally posted by mofothethird:Yeah same. I think my first visual introduction to U2 was my parents getting the Boston DVD and that shot of them going to stage in slow-mo + the atmosphere of that song ...was amazing. I got truly hooked on U2 thanks to that era.

+1
  12. Anyone got/know where to get hold of an instrumental version of the Influx Mix? Impossible to do at home and very possible that the only people with it are the band cos obviously they have the original mix files - but it's worth a shot asking here I think!