1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Ok, this is a thread to honor Elevation, so I'll stop with the jokes. Love the Elevation tour performances. Such an epic opener. Didn't like the Vertigo performances where they wasted the first verse.

my favorite version of this song
  2. Back in 2001 it was an awesome show opener, especially following the PA elevation themed songs. There was magic in the air and it really worked.

However, I think they've done it to death the last decade or so. I'm not a fan of the extended sing-a-long-a-Bono versions of it done on some tours (Vertigo tour), and personally I hope they're going to retire it now, and give something else a chance, like an electric full band Desire or anything else basically lol. Have a feeling it won't be though, I think it's quite an easy one for them to crank out and get a crowd going.
  3. I like Elevation on the Elevation tour, and I think it worked well in the set on 360. The Vertigo versions were just too drawn out, and on the last two tours it felt tired, out of place, or both.

Although, being on a stadium floor when they played it, I understand why they still do... people went nuts for it. Lowest point of the night for me, but still loads of fun to bounce around to!
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I like Elevation on the Elevation tour, and I think it worked well in the set on 360. The Vertigo versions were just too drawn out, and on the last two tours it felt tired, out of place, or both.

Although, being on a stadium floor when they played it, I understand why they still do... people went nuts for it. Lowest point of the night for me, but still loads of fun to bounce around to!
    I feel quite the opposite. Elevation is never a low point in any show... it's an energy injection.

For me BD and WOWY are the ones that I would ditch in a flash.
  5. Influx remix is the best form of Elevation
  6. One of the first U2 songs I liked. Not their best work, but boy does it go down well in a stadium setting.
    People go nuts for it, lots of energy flowing right and left!
    For sure one of my favorite moments live
  7. I still believe this is an early demo of Elevation
  8. I quite like it haha
  9. Dang, this obviously-not-real demo is actually considerably better than actual Elevation
  10. Which isn't too hard in the first place