1. Haha
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Okay,maybe not too much Zooropa even if Numb and Dirty Day are examples of heavy guitars (heavier than anything from ATYCLB HTDAAB NLOTH)
    Meh... Numb is not what I would call a "heavy guitar track", for instance, I'd say that New York, Vertigo, Boots, SUC and even Fez and No Line are more of a "heavy guitar" tracks.
    But I guess all of this is subjective, so no probs...
  3. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Fully agree, this is an awesome record.

As for everyone else: I refer to the recent interview with B and E on Dave Fanning. Bono: "There are a lot of people who have an opinion on what U2 should sound like, but they're not in the fucking band!"

And they're going to continue to. Hope Bono and everyone else that has a different opinion can handle it. We have to handle the new album.
  4. SOE is the last LP of the band.
    No more LP after the forthcoming concerts...
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wonder how far along the process they are with another album. I’m not expecting anything for at least 3 years and probably nearer 5 but I’d imagine they are always thinking about new songs and are some way along the process already.
    The problem is that they love to discard an awful lot of songs.

Since Pete The Chop, everyone saying "that's great!", and they just went "meh" and deleted the recording; and then they kept doing the same over and over again, including the infamous Rubin album and songs like Mercy and North Star.

Sometimes it works and those songs evolve into something better, but usually those songs are just wasted.

If they were less nitpicky they would have twice as many albums, although probably some of their best songs wouldn't exist (but then again, maybe there would be a few others).

[edit]So, it doesn't matter how many songs they have or how much they work on a potential new album, or how advanced this one is... it all comes down to how they'll feel about it when the moment comes to release it[/edit]
  6. I think it’s going to go one of two ways. It’s either going to be very quick, as in they’ll keep going and going like they have been going all the way back to the release of Invisible (or was it Ordinary Love that came first that year?) and the album will be out within a year or so of the SoE tour ending,

OR

They’re on the verge of a massive break after this tour since they’ve been going nonstop for so long now. Not since the 80s have they worked this much on a continuing basis at the level they are now. If this is the case, I don’t think the next album comes out until at least 2021.

There’s a third way that I think is equally possible, but I can’t type it out
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I think it’s going to go one of two ways. It’s either going to be very quick, as in they’ll keep going and going like they have been going all the way back to the release of Invisible (or was it Ordinary Love that came first that year?) and the album will be out within a year or so of the SoE tour ending,

OR

They’re on the verge of a massive break after this tour since they’ve been going nonstop for so long now. Not since the 80s have they worked this much on a continuing basis at the level they are now. If this is the case, I don’t think the next album comes out until at least 2021.

There’s a third way that I think is equally possible, but I can’t type it out
    I guess it all depends on how long the E&I tour ends up being. If it becomes a monster tour through several years like 360 or Zoo TV then there's no way #album15 (whether it's SOA or anything else) comes out straight after. There'll be a break, and a long one. 2018+19 for the tour, then album at the end of 2021 at latest. If they wrap up the whole Innoxperience Era before mid 2019, though, #album15 can be out before the end of 2020.

It's all too much guessing though. And just for the record, I sadly think it'll be the third option
  8. I don't think E+I will be a monster tour. NA, EU and Aus/NZ.

Then there'll be a long break.
  9. I don’t think there’s any chance of the ‘third option’ which I assume means calling it quits or at least means no new album. I think there will be at least 1 more and probably 2. Since it’s been pointed out to me that the 50th anniversary is in 2026 I’ve seen that as an absolute certainty they will be going until then, probably 2026 will be a greatest hits tour but I suspect in between there will be albums with tours to support them.