1. Adam said last year it was still on the pipeline
  2. One thing is for sure: The cover of the album (Song of Ascent) will be a picture of Adam's child. So.... the circle of the band's children is complete.
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    LOL...I did the same...although somewhat more recently, and not exactly a mini-album either. A 2 LP set actually
    For me it serves as a compilation of rare tracks and b-sides that are not on one of the regular albums, including
    Artifical Horizon and Duals. Critical minds will perhaps say that Stateless features on the Million Dollar Hotel
    Soundtrack
    , but I've included it still because I rarely listen to that album (and because I do think Stateless is a great
    song and thematically very "ascent"
    - DO NOTE that inclusion of Stateless doesn't fit a 1 CD (no worries for the iPod though )

SONGS OF ASCENT
    (some rare tracks & mixes + 1 unreleased) - 2LP

A1. Soon
    A2. Stateless
    A3. Winter
    A4. What's Going On (London Version - feat. Chris Martin)
    A5. Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad

B1 New York (Nice mix)
    B2. Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
    B3. No Line On The Horizon 2
    B4. Mercy

C1. All Because Of You (Killahurtz Fly mix)
    C2. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Jacques Lu Cont mix)
    C3. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Toninight (Redanka's "Kick The Darkness" vocal version)

D1. Don't Take Your Guns To Town
    D2. Holy Joe (Garage mix)
    D3. Night + Day (edit)
    D4. Ave Maria (Jacknife Lee mix)
    D5. Viva Davidoff

Spoiler (click to toggle)

NB: I have also designed a companion release called SONGS OF DECENT with serves both as some kind of
    Best Of 2005-2017 and a compilation album of U2 singles and rare tracks that haven't been released on one
    of the regular albums. (Well, actually Songs Of Ascent is the companion release of Songs Of Decent )

Spoiler (click to toggle)

SONGS OF DECENT - 1 LP or 1 CD

A compilation album with "hits" like Ordinary Love, Magnificent and IGCIIDGCT, the two SOI singles with their unique mix
    and even COBL that didn't feature on U2 18 Singles. Also an album that would hold beautiful tracks like This Is (the 2013
    unreleased Aslan cover) and the (somewhat rare) acoustic A Man And A Woman.
    But most importantly, an album that would play like a great record. In short, an album with some decent songs!
    And, believe it or not, I spent months finding the right selection and to get the sequence right

[image]

A1. Ordinary Love
    A2. Instant Karma
    A3. A Man And A Woman (Acoustic)
    A4. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Single Version)
    A5. Every Breaking Wave (New Radio mix)
    A6. City Of Blinding Lights (Radio edit)

B1. You're The Best Thing About Me (Sci-Fi Soul mix)
    B2. This Is
    B3. Magnificent (UK edit)
    B4. Red Hill Mining Town (Steve Lillywhite 2017 mix)
    B5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Radio edit 96 bpm)
    B6. Song For Someone (Radio mix)

CD bonus track:
    I Believe In Father Christmas

I think it is a pretty smart compilation (if I say so myself )
    For the fans at least 1 previously unreleased track (not sure what the status of the sci-fi mix is - can you get it at iTunes?)
    and some rare tracks, or only available on cd singles (even SYCMIOYO is a different version than on HTDAAB or on 18 Singles!).
    And for the general public (read: older still cd and lp buying), a very decent album for your turntable or (car) cd-player
    The kind of record that you would buy your mum

[image]

Typo or some kind of wordplay with your title? Did you mean Songs of Descent perhaps?
  4. Originally posted by maartenpetra:One thing is for sure: The cover of the album (Song of Ascent) will be a picture of Adam's child. So.... the circle of the band's children is complete.
    Was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it!
  5. If this album is a thing, I really hope it's full of songs they've been holding back over the past several years, and not something they've yet to write. It would mean we get an album full of songs they've always known would be on their last album (assuming this would be) and that they know are great.

Cough studio version of mercy cough all my life cough
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:If this album is a thing, I really hope it's full of songs they've been holding back over the past several years, and not something they've yet to write. It would mean we get an album full of songs they've always known would be on their last album (assuming this would be) and that they know are great.

Cough studio version of mercy cough all my life cough
    Yes I hope so, they still have plenty of songs from the last several years, we don't know of. Some are beautiful I guess.

7. I wouldn't be so sure of that
  8. They need to stop second guessing everything
  9. No, most certainly not a typo. I meant it in like good and proper songs. SONGS OF DECENT.
    A title for a Best Of album that would go well amongst the general public, but also interesting for fans and collectors.
    The title has, I admid, a bit of an archaic grammar. Poetic, if you like.

Still, indeed, a bit of a word play as well