1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    New one will be in there first, then maybe Songs of Ascent. The band still seem to want to put it out at some point. Lanois said they are quite proud of what is there. Just get the impression it’s not commercial at all…
    I wish U2 would take a page out of Red Hot Chilli Peppers plans and just release everything. Songs of Surrender, the album of new material, and Songs of Ascent. They are not young anymore and no one knows what the future holds for anyone. Get as much U2 music out there as possible so their fans can enjoy it. Just like RHCP is doing by releasing the double Return of the Dream Canteen album 6 months after the Unlimited Love double album.
  2. Quality over quantity
  3. I don't think this argument holds water. First off, it's not like U2's music has been dramatically better since they've started taking longer to release stuff. Secondly, it seems with all their new albums that take forever to cook there's still songs that are added or removed super late in the game. If they just put out what they have more frequently then there would be some gems and some losers on each album - just like there already is.

You can't tell me that working on Glastonbury for another four or seven years made it a better song, after all.
  4. The Bard’s Last Breath and Smile are two tracks on this album.
  5. I just hope they will release SOA someday. Are they keeping it for their last ever album? Also, I think he's been mentioning the rock n roll album since the end of the ei tour in 2018, I wonder if they have started recording or if it's just an idea.
  6. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:I just hope they will release SOA someday. Are they keeping it for their last ever album? Also, I think he's been mentioning the rock n roll album since the end of the ei tour in 2018, I wonder if they have started recording or if it's just an idea.
    Bono mentioned earlier they still need to start recording.
  7. Oh come on, what does that even mean haha. Well, I hope we hear it someday and I hope they get a move on with this “rock and roll” album!

Do we think Smile is THAT Smile from Atomic Bomb sessions?
  8. Ugh I want to hear SOA not another guitar album! My patience for this album is epic. Been waiting 13 years now! Lol
  9. Originally posted by RoKKeR:Oh come on, what does that even mean haha. Well, I hope we hear it someday and I hope they get a move on with this “rock and roll” album!

Do we think Smile is THAT Smile from Atomic Bomb sessions?
    At least the lyrics are different.
  10. That can also mean that they’ve demoed it but need to do the final recordings. Anyway…I’m happy that he’s realized that they will not need to try to make radio material anymore
  11. If smile is on there, i wouldn’t discount Mercy and North Star since they came from the same sessions.