1. Yeah. Sergio - read that article again, Edge didn't say that, the writer did

All Edge hinted at was taking a break.

The end of this arc might seem like a logical place to either stop completely, or at least take a break.

“I think we are going to take a little bit of a break. Definitely a long weekend,” Edge laughs as the car is pulled around to pick the boys up. There is another rehearsal to be done.

Back at the hotel, I mulled the subject of endings with Neil McCormick. Given Bono’s brush with mortality, might U2 consider calling it a day? “I don’t think so,” Neil said. “I once asked Keith Richards the same thing about The Rolling Stones, and he said they’ve never even had that conversation. With U2, I don’t think the idea has ever really come up.”
  2. If anything the article gives us further reason to believe that the band will be back once E&I is over just after a few years.
  3. The key paragraph being:

Back at the hotel, I mulled the subject of endings with Neil McCormick. Given Bono’s brush with mortality, might U2 consider calling it a day? “I don’t think so,” Neil said. “I once asked Keith Richards the same thing about The Rolling Stones, and he said they’ve never even had that conversation. With U2, I don’t think the idea has ever really come up.”

4. Neil McCormick isn't a part of the band so I won't take his words as seriously or definitive as Edge's.

@AlexRH88 and @deanallison you both have a good point that the lack of " " signs might indicate that sentence wasn't said by Edge himself, but it definitely sounds like it and I wonder why on earth would the article articulate it like that, insert that sentence in the middle of two of Edge's paragraphs obviously leading to some confussion.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Neil McCormick isn't a part of the band so I won't take his words as seriously or definitive as Edge's.

@AlexRH88 and @deanallison you both have a good point that the lack of " " signs might indicate that sentence wasn't said by Edge himself, but it definitely sounds like it and I wonder why on earth would the article articulate it like that, insert that sentence in the middle of two of Edge's paragraphs obviously leading to some confussion.
    Oh, no doubt! I almost wonder if the interviewer suggested it to Edge, which led to the quoted sentence after.
  6. Yeah I think it seems like it was suggested by the interviewer to Edge rather than Edge bringing it up himself. Looking at the rest of the article it appears the band are answering specific questions but these aren’t really laid out in question form, (the interviewer has asked it in person but not wrote it as a question in the article) which backs this theory up. The consistent message from the band is they will be taken a break which was kinda obvious anyway given how busy they’ve been the last few years.
  7. I hate that I am saying that .... but... I wouldn't mind if there was at least a two year gap between now and the next album...and the next tour. I am broke after December
  8. Noooooooooooooooooo - get out of here Ryan Tedder, we want Andy Barlow.
  9. Title: Songs Of Ascent
    Release date: 2020-11-26
    Producers: Andy Barlow & Flood