1. He also mentioned Danger Mouse apparently. And we already knew Tedder was involved. So that we know as well
  2. Pretty good news!

I do hope one day they will hook up with Batman and Robin for one more album instead of a fleet of endless producers, book a 2 or 3 month session somewhere, turn off the distractions of the outside world just a little bit - and go for it in that timespace.

The way they've been doing it in recent years drags the whole process out a bit too much I think. But perhaps being realistic with their lives and other commitments these days, that's the only way they have of doing it. A couple of weeks here and there with one producer, then a couple of weeks here and there 6 months later with another producer.

That said, there is something interesting about hooking up with so many different producers - as they can all bring something a little bit different to the sessions.

But let's be honest their best magic has been with Batman and Robin at the desk.
  3. Yesss , hopefully they tour it down under ect
  4. Based on past performance there is a vast gap between 'making' an album and actually releasing it so I'll contain my excitement for now.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Based on past performance there is a vast gap between 'making' an album and actually releasing it so I'll contain my excitement for now.
    Yeah I don't think any of us are expecting an album soon. Couple years at best.
  6. But I won't argue if, like SOI, I just wake up one morning to the surprise news that U2 released an album without warning 😊
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Based on past performance there is a vast gap between 'making' an album and actually releasing it so I'll contain my excitement for now.
    So you think SOA won't happen before Sydney JT?
  8. The production will probably sound weak and boring. Again.
  9. So.. Songs of Innocence, Experience, Surrender...Ascent? Wonder if SOA will ever see the light of day
  10. New one will be in there first, then maybe Songs of Ascent. The band still seem to want to put it out at some point. Lanois said they are quite proud of what is there. Just get the impression it’s not commercial at all…
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    New one will be in there first, then maybe Songs of Ascent. The band still seem to want to put it out at some point. Lanois said they are quite proud of what is there. Just get the impression it’s not commercial at all…
    Awesome.. anything new will be appreciated.. and thanks as always for your insight and info 🙏
  12. I could imagine a future super deluxe release that is the 'Songs of' boxset that includes a this