1. Which are the best live versions so far anyway:

2. Yes but we never had a full-band version close to the album one, had we?
  3. Makes me sad to think they were nailing the promo tour right before Bonk's accident
  4. Indeed. We tend to overlook it because he recovered quickly and with no other aparent consequence other than being unable to play guitar, but yeah Bonk's accident has definitely been a turning point in their history. Without it, probably SOI thour would have been different, SOE would have been released earlier and we would be finishing the E&I tour as of now (or at least the EU/NA parts of it).

Quick reminder:

(...) "multiple X-rays and CAT scans" followed by five hours of surgery.

The singer suffered numerous serious injuries, including a "facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye," three separate fractures of his left shoulder blade and a fracture of his left humerus bone in his upper arm. The latter injury was particularly damaging, with the bone shattering in six different places and tearing through his skin.

Bono was taken emergently to the operating room...where the elbow was washed out and debrided, a nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws. (Next week), Bono underwent a second surgery to repair a fractured left pinky finger.

That's serious, man. We're actually lucky that he is still performing today, even joking about the accident.
  5. Yeah, I wonder how things would be different if he hadn't had the accident. I can only think the exposure would have helped SOI get a better reception - they were EVERYWHERE after it came out, and they sounded really good... and then they were just gone.
  6. Think I read somewhere a quote from Bono saying they would only ever play that song live with that arrangement. Also there was a small amount of regret that the version wasn't the one on the album
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Indeed. We tend to overlook it because he recovered quickly and with no other aparent consequence other than being unable to play guitar, but yeah Bonk's accident has definitely been a turning point in their history. Without it, probably SOI thour would have been different, SOE would have been released earlier and we would be finishing the E&I tour as of now (or at least the EU/NA parts of it).

Quick reminder:

The singer suffered numerous serious injuries, including a "facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye," three separate fractures of his left shoulder blade and a fracture of his left humerus bone in his upper arm. The latter injury was particularly damaging, with the bone shattering in six different places and tearing through his skin.

Bono was taken emergently to the operating room...where the elbow was washed out and debrided, a nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws. (Next week), Bono underwent a second surgery to repair a fractured left pinky finger.

That's serious, man. We're actually lucky that he is still performing today, even joking about the accident.
    Safe to say that this will count as at least one of the "bumps" in Bono's "immortality," as he mentioned in the Ruud de Wild interview from
    Sao Paulo last month...
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Indeed. We tend to overlook it because he recovered quickly and with no other aparent consequence other than being unable to play guitar, but yeah Bonk's accident has definitely been a turning point in their history. Without it, probably SOI thour would have been different, SOE would have been released earlier and we would be finishing the E&I tour as of now (or at least the EU/NA parts of it).

Quick reminder:

I still dont understand how he managed to do that during a casual bike ride through central park
  9. Question to those who were there: how did you like the new songs? Lights to Home & Love Is All We Have Left?
  10. When will this be aired?