1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I didn’t say Heartland should have been shown in the last month I’m saying it could have been shown in the summer 2021 or any time in 2021 up until the last month or so really so that was a deliberate decision to wait for marketing purposes I suspect to say to celebrate the ‘35th anniversary of JT…’ rather than being forced because of Covid. I wouldn’t expect them to announce it just now but I do believe we will get it this summer to tie in with the anniversary and because there will be no new album by then too and cinema’s will be able to take in full capacity by then as well.
    It wasn't a deliberate decision to wait for marketing purposes. They actually wanted to do it in June 2021 but decided we weren't there yet. And they looked at it again for September 2021. Even had looked at a debut at the Toronto International Film Festival. Thus far they haven't been happy for whatever reasons.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    It wasn't a deliberate decision to wait for marketing purposes. They actually wanted to do it in June 2021 but decided we weren't there yet. And they looked at it again for September 2021. Even had looked at a debut at the Toronto International Film Festival. Thus far they haven't been happy for whatever reasons.
    I don’t believe that for a minute. I’m not saying your sources haven’t told you that but they sources have probably been fed that line from whoever their source is with the band. There was absolutely no reason to not show it in 2021 whatever you may have been told. Unless they think they can bring in more than a billion dollars gross which we all know isn’t going to happen.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t believe that for a minute. I’m not saying your sources haven’t told you that but they sources have probably been fed that line from whoever their source is with the band. There was absolutely no reason to not show it in 2021 whatever you may have been told. Unless they think they can bring in more than a billion dollars gross which we all know isn’t going to happen.
    They even went so far to book spaces in Toronto to do some photo shoots with Anton while all five would be in the same location. In the end it didn’t happen and those bookings were cancelled. You don’t put time and money into planning physical appearances to support a movie if you don’t expect to actually release it.

And I know who my sources are and how they know what they know. They would know.
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    They even went so far to book spaces in Toronto to do some photo shoots with Anton while all five would be in the same location. In the end it didn’t happen and those bookings were cancelled. You don’t put time and money into planning physical appearances to support a movie if you don’t expect to actually release it.

And I know who my sources are and how they know what they know. They would know.
    Doesn’t make sense to me, I know you’re a reliable source of information but it just doesn’t add up. There wasn’t any reason not to show it last year if they really wanted to.
  5. An audio companion of JT30 live racks would be a great subscribers gift companion to the streaming movie.

#justsaying
  6. True, maybe that’s why we don’t have an announcement yet, they’re waiting until the times right to announce the film at the same time.
  7. They’ve had an audio release planned to go with the film. It will be on commercial services.
  8. An international vinyl manufacturing shortage is also happening at the moment.
  9. Now that’s some great news, something else to look forward to.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Doesn’t make sense to me, I know you’re a reliable source of information but it just doesn’t add up. There wasn’t any reason not to show it last year if they really wanted to.
    Then maybe someone really really didn’t want to at that time. I don’t know why it didn’t happen, just that they looked at it, planned it, planned other activities while in Toronto, and then decided not to do it. As it got closer something caused them to change those plans.
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Then maybe someone really really didn’t want to at that time. I don’t know why it didn’t happen, just that they looked at it, planned it, planned other activities while in Toronto, and then decided not to do it. As it got closer something caused them to change those plans.
    I think that’s the point I’m making that someone or maybe a few people were determined not to have the film last year for whatever reason as opposed to it being forced. I did notice having had a quick look into the Toronto film festival there from last year that it didn’t go ahead in the normal way, maybe they see that film festival as very important to the release and want to wait til that gets closer to normal, but surely you can’t deny that even from a business point of view there was nothing stopping a cinema release last year? Someone might not have wanted to but that’s a choice is it not?
  12. Sadly, internationally, we are going back on this issue. Not forward.