1. what are some of the biggest stuff ups at U2 concerts that you've either seen or heard in a bootleg???
  2. Popmart Las Vegas opening night, Staring at the Sun had to be restarted.

Elevation Boston, 5th June- Edge smashes his Rickenbacker in a furious rage.

Joshua Tree Paris- Bono stops WOWY as someone sets off tear gas in the crowd.

Joshua Tree Washington DC- Bono is frustrated with show, tries to vent by running quickly but slips and falls on the wet stage, dislocating his shoulder.

I am told that at one of the Elevation oakland shows Bono smashed his guitar against the drumkit.

Opening night of Elevation in Florida, at the end of Until the End of the World, Bono keeps backing away from Edge and falls right off the stage (

The U2 By U2 Book is full of little anecdotes like those.
  3. Originally posted by AAV711Popmart Las Vegas opening night, Staring at the Sun had to be restarted.

Elevation Boston, 5th June- Edge smashes his Rickenbacker in a furious rage.

Joshua Tree Paris- Bono stops WOWY as someone sets off tear gas in the crowd.

Joshua Tree Washington DC- Bono is frustrated with show, tries to vent by running quickly but slips and falls on the wet stage, dislocating his shoulder.

I am told that at one of the Elevation oakland shows Bono smashed his guitar against the drumkit.

Opening night of Elevation in Florida, at the end of Until the End of the World, Bono keeps backing away from Edge and falls right off the stage ([YouTube Video]

The U2 By U2 Book is full of little anecdotes like those.

I loved that in Elevation Boston!!! To see that Monk turn into a caveman!!

I'm tempted to say the speech in Milan going off into nowhere, but i like that about Bono, he may not know where he's going, but he walks there beautifully.

"Charles Manson stole this from the Beatles, we're stealin' it back"

Cringeworthy
  4. Originally posted by colbourne25what are some of the biggest stuff ups at U2 concerts that you've either seen or heard in a bootleg???

There is this Southern Man version, I guess it's 1987-10-28, Rosemont - Illinois. 8 minutes long and Bono pulls a guy from the audience to play his guitar. But it comes to be this dude really can play, and improvises a HOT solo (Bono: hey, Edge, we better take him off quick!") while the band jams with him. Well, it's not a stuff up but I think they were expecting the player to be a little worser and he drove'em unconfortable, because they do end up quick after the solo.
  5. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

There is this Southern Man version, I guess it's 1987-10-28, Rosemont - Illinois. 8 minutes long and Bono pulls a guy from the audience to play his guitar. But it comes to be this dude really can play, and improvises a HOT solo (Bono: hey, Edge, we better take him off quick!") while the band jams with him.

I've heard it, haha, i think that was a moment of genius! I can just picture Edge squinting in anger, and when the man squints, it looks as if he was born without eyes.
  6. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

I loved that in Elevation Boston!!! To see that Monk turn into a caveman!!

Definitely, you can tell he isnt used to being violent with his equipment. He just kinda drops it, and then gives it a nice kick
  7. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

Definitely, you can tell he isnt used to being violent with his equipment. He just kinda drops it, and then gives it a nice kick

People got angry at him for doing that! What kind of person gets angry at a rockstar for doing their job!!!
  8. I've also seen a clip where Bono yells at a fan and saying "you're going to put away that cellphone ok ? you're at a fucking rock concert..." I think it wasn't his night
  9. Originally posted by BelgianBonoI've also seen a clip where Bono yells at a fan and saying "you're going to put away that cellphone ok ? you're at a fucking rock concert..." I think it wasn't his night

please give me the link to that!!!!
  10. Ok it's not the one i first found so it's a bit shorter but it's still on it so here you go

11. Originally posted by BelgianBonoOk it's not the one i first found so it's a bit shorter but it's still on it so here you go

[YouTube Video]

can you find the longer one for me?! This is interesting!!!
  12. Originally posted by BelgianBonoOk it's not the one i first found so it's a bit shorter but it's still on it so here you go

[YouTube Video]

its either he's having a bad night OR he was just "in the moment" and pumped up during sunday bloody sunday...