1. Free yourself to be yourself makes it.
  2. 1 year after SOE, which songs will be remembered as a "hit" (like Vertigo, Elevation, Stuck in a Moment, etc)?

Get out of your own way and you're the best thing about me?

and from SOI, Every Breaking Wave and Song for Someone?
  3. Originally posted by hedyzera:1 year after SOE, which songs will be remembered as a "hit" (like Vertigo, Elevation, Stuck in a Moment, etc)?

Get out of your own way and you're the best thing about me?

and from SOI, Every Breaking Wave and Song for Someone?
    None. The band haven’t had a hit since 2005.
  4. True, especially since rock doesn't hold the same command on the zeitgeist like it did even 10 years ago.

Another reason why SOE had some good choices in regards to production, that poppier sound kept it very fresh in a way that I think it desperately needed.
  5. Despite its hate in the U2 community, get on your boots was the top 40 hit. Invisible did really well, but it success is dampened by the fact that it couldn’t be charted because it was a free song. But it had like 3 million downloads in the first 48 hours so Id venture a guess that that song is fairly well-known in the world. As is ordinary love. Song for someone got the most attention from songs of innocence and you’re the best thing about me blipped on a few radars. I still think they shot themselves in the foot with the mix of that song. Trying to turn it into a rock song instead of just letting it be a pure pop song hurt it’s airplay
  6. Remembered by us as diehard fans with a different point of view ( maybe too critical)?
    Or remembered by the world outside and the charts in general?
    It’s different because if I think of it as a fast answer with no time to think,by instinct,I don’t remember anything
  7. 14 Months after SOE and 4.5 years after SOI a 15 song merge makes for one great SONGS album (albeit a long one). These aren't necessarily all of the best songs off both albums (although I think they are very close) but they fit well together:

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    2. The Crystal Ballroom
    3. Song for Someone
    4. Cedarwood Road
    5. Raised By Wolves
    6. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
    7. Invisible
    8. California (There is No End To Love)
    9. Every Breaking Wave
    10. Red Flag Day
    11. Summer of Love
    12. American Soul
    13. Landlady
    14. The Blackout
    15. The Little Things That Give You Away

For me, this track list flows and captures U2's Innocence into Experience with Invisible, California, and EBW forming a kind of transition after the darkness of RBW and SLABT which is set up by Cedarwood Road. Also a shift from personal views to global ones beginning with RFD. Little Things is a great closer. After the optimism of The Miracle, 14 songs later experience has taught that no matter what, "sometimes, the end isn't coming, the end is here, sometimes." I am looking forward to some folks out there giving this a listen! Thanks!

8. My work!
  9. Listening to SoI for the first time in a few years, wow it has aged well for me. Really digging it