1. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:'I would win and calling it losing, if the prize was not for you.'

Seriously one of my favourite U2 lyrics. Landlady is such a beautiful song.
    Absolutely. Adore this song already. One of my favorite things about that whole ending is how restrained Bono actually sounds singing, and yet you can tell he means every single line personally for Ali. And love Edge floating an octave above with the backing vocals. Just gold.
  2. Oh gosh. Here goes.

In Love Is All We Have Left, the moment when Bono (or is it Edge singing at this point? Can't tell if it's just the autotune throwing me off or if it's actually a different vocalist) sings "Seven billion *stars* in her eye..." -- right as he (whoever it is, lol) hits the word "stars"...yeah. Love that.

In Lights of Home...pretty much the whole song? Lol. But if I have to try to narrow it down, it's right at the beginning of the chorus ("Heeeeeeeeeeey now..."), Edge at the beginning of the slide solo, Larry's drums right as he crashes back into the chorus from the slide solo, Larry's drums right before the "Free yourself to be yourself / if only you could see yourself" refrain, and then the actual refrain itself. (Can you tell I love this song?)

You're The Best Thing About Me...the fact that I saw the tour debut in Indianapolis? Ha. I actually really like this song even better in the context of the album, but I don't think there's really a "moment" on this one that jumps out...

Get Out Of Your Own Way...probably when Kendrick says "Blessed are the superstars" (and they kick in with that vocoder echo of "superstars" behind him)...

American Soul...listening to the recorded version instead of that godawful version they did on SNL...

Summer of Love, it's definitely all of Lady Gaga's backing vocals. She's incredible. They definitely could have used more from her.

Red Flag Day...gosh, this one is full of them, too...I love that atmospheric organ they play behind the chorus, Adam's bass, Larry's drums, Edge's "Red Flag Day" echo in the chorus (sounds like it was taken straight out of October), and the guitar work during the chorus...

The Showman...as much as I hate to admit it, this chorus is catchy AF and I start singing along with it every time it comes on (well, except when I'm at work, ha)...

Little Things...again, the whole song. Everything. I love this song. But if I have to distill my picks down to just "moments", I love the guitar work during the first half of the song (instead of the piano that carried it through the tour performances), I love that Bono only sings a half chorus the first time around...the lyrics from the bridge are just heartbreaking and beautiful...and every time Bono sings "sometimes"...just the general build of the bridge...gah, it's so beautiful.

Landlady...gah, it has to be the "And I'll never know, I'll never know what starving poets meant / 'cause when I was broke, it was you that always paid the rent" lyric...and then definitely the "Every wave that broke me..." tag.

Blackout...definitely Adam's bass...the little 5-note transition between lines in the verses...Larry's drums from the bridge back to the last chorus...Edge's backing vocals in the chorus...(damn, I can't wait to hear this one live)

Love Is Bigger...that distorted guitar line at the beginning...Bono's "Ohhhhhh"s in the chorus...and absolutely the "If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay" bridge...

There Is A Light...probably the distorted guitar line behind the chorus vocal...and even though I don't particularly care for this song, definitely when Bono sings "someone like me"...

Book Of Your Heart...from the guitar solo to the end of the song...I just love that they actually wrote a song that builds and has a payoff at the end. That last tag could be longer, but yeah, it's still great.

...anyway, figured I'd finally contribute my thoughts on the matter. If I had to pick a favorite from the entire album...probably the last 2 minutes or so of Lights of Home, which includes like 4 or 5 of my "moments"? Ha. I just love that song so much.
  3. Not really a moment from the album..but my 8 year old daughter asked to hear the 'more better song' on the way to school today. Probably my peak as a parent.
  4. The safety feeling of being home.when you feel at home.the four walls that surround you.your family...
    The first verses of Landlady bring a smile on my face
  5. I think the first two minutes of lights of home strings version are the best piece of music they’ve made in about 20 years.

So much tension.
  6. Originally posted by pontneuf:Not really a moment from the album..but my 8 year old daughter asked to hear the 'more better song' on the way to school today. Probably my peak as a parent.
    Excellent.
  7. Still got a soft spot for Edge on The Best Thing....

"I can see it all so clearly
    I can see what you can't see
    I can see you love her loudly
    When she needs you quietly"
  8. Such a great album , only listened to it today 4 times to and from the office.
    Most powerful part at the moment for me

The end is not coming
    It's not coming
    The end is here
  9. Landlady... The landlady - wow
    Little things - beginning.. At first hearing with my eyes closed I thought I was in indigo space
    Red flag day - no no
    Love is bigger - killeney bay
    AS - hold on brother John
    Best thing - kind a trouble that you enjoy
    Love is all - atmosphere that music makes
    13 - are you tough enough to be kind
    Get on your - all chorus and last singing waaay
    The blackout - all instrumental awesome