1. Desire is great, especially when played with All Along the Watchtower!
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBonoYeah actually i also do like Lemon, a very original song !

There are a lot of songs with strange text but still great songs
    Now i'm referring to Discothèque
    => You know you're chewing bubble gum
    You know what that is but you still want some.
    You just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuff

Useless text but it just SOUNDS sooo Great !!

Little question, anyone like Desire ?
    Because i've heard a lot of people saying this song sucks but actually i think it's a very good song

lemon...my love...its a masterpiece.
  3. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]

lemon...my love...its a masterpiece.

agreed
  4. Lemon is so good, The Wanderer is amazing, one of the best U2songs ever, i don't care what anybody says.
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]

I just wanted to ask what that LOL stands for ??
    I know in dutch is the same for "FUN" and i always thaught it was that but now i see that you, as Irishman, also say it (And i supose you don't speak Dutch )

it seems no one answered your question? i'll answer it for you. "LOL" stands for laugh out loud which means you are laughing at a joke or at someone or you could also laugh at yourself that you did something funny. so instead of writing the whole 3 words we shorten it to "LOL."
    hope i helped you
  6. Originally posted by MacphistflyLemon is so good, The Wanderer is amazing, one of the best U2songs ever, i don't care what anybody says.

The Wanderer is underrated. I saw it on YouTube ( the only live version, tribute for Johnny Cash) and i was really impressed.
  7. Originally posted by monica_u2zgirl[..]

it seems no one answered your question? i'll answer it for you. "LOL" stands for laugh out loud which means you are laughing at a joke or at someone or you could also laugh at yourself that you did something funny. so instead of writing the whole 3 words we shorten it to "LOL."
    hope i helped you

Aaah thank you very much
  8. I don't like Sweetest Thing at all. Its not at all like U2, its as though they wanted just a really catchy basic song (not at all like them)
  9. Originally posted by AAV711I don't like Sweetest Thing at all. Its not at all like U2, its as though they wanted just a really catchy basic song (not at all like them)

It's indeed not a real U2-song, but I like the song. Especially the video. And there are few live performances, which are truly great. But I accept your point of view, i'm sure that there are songs you like , which i don't like at all.
  10. Originally posted by AAV711I don't like Sweetest Thing at all. Its not at all like U2, its as though they wanted just a really catchy basic song (not at all like them)

Well actually i do like that song (but opinions can be different )
    I like the rhythm...

And i think it's difficult to say "this is not a U2-like song" because the band has made SO many different kinds of songs from different styles... Just look at the beginning : almost a punk band... than more serious, very beautiful songs with The Joshua Tree but than a turnover with Achtung Baby...
    And take a look at Pop : starts with discothèque but ends with wake up dead man...

Maybe it's so basic but it was just a simple message from Bono to his wife : that he loves her and that he's sorry because he wasnt with her on her birthday

But that was just my opinion on the song
  11. Its either Miami or Wild Honey for me.

12. Originally posted by ZephosIts either Miami or Wild Honey for me.

I agree with you, the studio versions of these songs are bad. But Miami rocks live, you'll notice that in June