1. Really and truly - not to make this post a secret shot at the new material - really and truly
    You're the Best Thing About Me

Worst. U2. Song. Ever.
  2. For me, I've never been able to get into Is That All? which is weird because... I guess there's not much that I actually find objectionable about it. Yet it's readily my least favourite U2 album track. Like... just put The Cry on the album, it was better anyway. And it's not because they recycled the music, as I've commented on American Soul I don't really find a problem with reusing pieces of other songs.

I just feel like the lyrics are half-arsed and musically it's just a stretched out The Cry, and it really bugs me it's the last track on October. If it had been track 10 and Scarlet had been track 11 (preferably an unlisted 'hidden' track 11) I think I'd like them both better.
  3. Numb.
  4. Get out of your own way

For neing beautiful Day rework
  5. Too many to mention.... but if Joey Ramone was still alive he would kick Bono's ass many times.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:For me, I've never been able to get into Is That All? which is weird because... I guess there's not much that I actually find objectionable about it. Yet it's readily my least favourite U2 album track. Like... just put The Cry on the album, it was better anyway. And it's not because they recycled the music, as I've commented on American Soul I don't really find a problem with reusing pieces of other songs.

I just feel like the lyrics are half-arsed and musically it's just a stretched out The Cry, and it really bugs me it's the last track on October. If it had been track 10 and Scarlet had been track 11 (preferably an unlisted 'hidden' track 11) I think I'd like them both better.

I mentioned it in the October thread, but yes, Is That All is totally rushed... The Cry had a lot more potential than that. Though I also mentioned Stranger in a Strange Land, that commits the same sin, has a great start and then they don't know what to do with it. All and all imho it was a rushed album.

And about that Scarlet thing, the "make your alternative albums" thread reminded me that that's the way my October is:

7. I would pick White As Snow and One Step Closer.
    Both songs seem superficial to me ans they don't add much to the albums
  8. The refugee and walk on.
  9. Yahweh
  10. I have to say that i generaly do not dislike any work of the band, but if i have to vote it's this one. It's not verry bad though. But i like a song to have more energy.
  11. That is not fair at all.

GOOYOW is worse.