1. I may repeat myself here, but NLOTH contains a lot of excellent playing by all four members of the band.

There are U2 songs such as "J. Swallo" and the studio version of "Party Girl" (really, really bad production and playing) - "Boots" or any other song from NLOTH are nowhere near that!

2. Bingo, live in person it was good, crowd was into it. Album it is not.
    Elevation has sort of become this for me. Live in person it is awesome. But just for listening it is just meh.

Oh, honorable mention. How about the main chorus of Another Day. YIKES
  3. The original example of U2 fucking up on picking their singles. They had Life On a Distant Planet at that time but they went for THIS??
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    The original example of U2 fucking up on picking their singles. They had Life On a Distant Planet at that time but they went for THIS??
    Haha, hadn't thought of that. It's a long lasting tradition, then! I'd say they have as many bad choices as good...

Bad lead single choices: Another Day, Fire, Numb, Discothèque, Get On Your Boots, The Miracle, You're The Best Thing About Me,
    Good choices: A Day Without Me, New Year's Day, Pride, WOWY, Desire, The Fly, Beautiful Day, Vertigo

Staggering
  5. Originally posted by Papo:I may repeat myself here, but NLOTH contains a lot of excellent playing by all four members of the band.

There are U2 songs such as "J. Swallo" and the studio version of "Party Girl" (really, really bad production and playing) - "Boots" or any other song from NLOTH are nowhere near that!
    I like some live versions of "Party Girl"