1. All I can say is that I'm glad it was just a brush,

2016 was such a bad year in that it took so many great artist from us, I'm
    so glad Bono wasn't apart of that.....
  2. Originally posted by Document:All I can say is that I'm glad it was just a brush,

+1
  3. Originally posted by Document:All I can say is that I'm glad it was just a brush,

well, technically, he was "apart" of that...
  4. Originally posted by Document:All I can say is that I'm glad it was just a brush,

so glad Bono wasn't a part of that.....
  5. Wasn´t the "brush with mortality" in xmas 2015? In 2016 they had to be planning JT Tour and Bono had to be in pretty good shape...

I loved his voice in the last tour, I thought it was in top shape. But the band did look uninterested... By the way, did anyone notice how much weigh he lost between Innocence and Experience Tour and The JT 2017? He´s taking care of himself... The work of Andy Barlow is another example
  6. Probably got a massive Tax bill from the Irish Revenue lol,strange him and the band are throwing out this "brush with mortality" to sell the record and then not going into specifics ,wouldn't it have been easier to say nothing at all or that it was a family member or someone close to him .I doubt it was a heart attack as there is no way they would have done TJT tour as the demands of touring are draining and you need to be 100% physically and mentally right otherwise insurance wouldn't cover the tour .However going straight from TJT tour into a new album and doing promo suggests something may have happened that made them get there heads out of the mud and make the most of whatever time they have left.
  7. There's a small comment on the Barlow interview (on my phone, on the bus, can't find and quote right now).

He said it was noticeable that something was happening, but they didn't talk about it. Also said that he noticed that the music was helping.
  8. THE ARTICLE in the latest Hot Press (Annual 2018) has a good round up
    of events that may have led to that are themed with Bono's "brush."

I don't think the complete article is online, but I've made some
    scans for the relevant sections.

The first incident is when Bono flies to Berlin and it is discovered after
    landing that the "tailgate of the plane" was lost during the flight.

THEN only 3 days later there is the "high energy bicycle accident" in New York City
    (Nov. 16) resulting in "a gruelling five hours of reconstructive surgery."

Two events already from the brushing department, but also the loss of Dennis Sheehan (2015)
    and the passing of David Bowie (2016) might have added up to sense that no-one lives forever.

But even more serious seems to be what Bono briefly mentions in the (unique) liner notes
    of SOE: "Last Winter [2016] I was on the receiving end of a shock to the system myself,"
    also quoted in full in the Hot Press Annual.

I really don't think there is much more to say, or to speculate about. The fact that we're
    already one tour after these "brushes" proves that Bono recovered well - at least as good
    as anyone at age 57 can be. Possibly even better.

With a new tour not only announced, but in the middle of ticket sales "as we speak" only
    strengthens the idea that Bono has survived what ever was brushing him.
  9. The way he spoke on the radio interview with Howard stern makes me think it could possibly be a mental breakdown of sorts. That line in love is bigger talking about crying on Killiney bay might be him going through a real mental rough patch himself. He said on the Howard stern show that he couldn’t get away with naming it being Irish and even though we’re thankfully hearing people are taken seriously there still is stigma attached with mental health issues and you’ll still get a lot of people who lack sympathy about it whereas something like a heart attack that has been suggested, and with some good thought behind it, would probably get the kinda sympathy bono doesn’t think he’ll get for naming what happened to him.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:The way he spoke on the radio interview with Howard stern makes me think it could possibly be a mental breakdown of sorts. That line in love is bigger talking about crying on Killiney bay might be him going through a real mental rough patch himself. He said on the Howard stern show that he couldn’t get away with naming it being Irish and even though we’re thankfully hearing people are taken seriously there still is stigma attached with mental health issues and you’ll still get a lot of people who lack sympathy about it whereas something like a heart attack that has been suggested, and with some good thought behind it, would probably get the kinda sympathy bono doesn’t think he’ll get for naming what happened to him.
    I think this could be right. But Adam does a lot of work for mental health so you would think that he would have been more comfortable discussing.
  11. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    I think this could be right. But Adam does a lot of work for mental health so you would think that he would have been more comfortable discussing.
    I would say that Adam is in a good place now to talk about his experiences and help others where as if Bono has been through issues it might not be the right time or an easy time to open up to the world. The fact the band knows about it makes me think he’s discussed it with them and his family at least which is all anyone could encourage someone dealing with mental issues to do. It might not be this at all though, this is just my logic but I will say what we all will agree it’s great to know he’s in a great place just now and hope he’s fit and healthy for many years to come.