1. It's near enough that time to start looking ahead to the next tour and 2018 so I thought i'd create a Bono voice thread for next year as it's one of the most important things for me in a live U2 show as it is for many others too.

I was satisfied with how Bono sang on the JT and many of you were saying that he doesn't appear to have done the pre tour preparation with his voice / physically etc. At 57 he still can sing incredibly well

360 he was incredible and nothing since then has come close to it

One of the things i've noticed this year for the first time and I wonder what it is or if anyone else has noticed, is that Bono appears to struggle in the lower ranges of his voice now, whenever he tries to sing WOWY / RTSS for example in the first verse his voice is very croaky and cracks a lot.

This is one thing that never happened on 360, and I wonder if he can overcome that and be more consistent and smoother in his lower register for the upcoming tour?

For the new songs, how do we think he will be approaching them? Will we see a better vocal performance from Bono in 2018?
  2. IMO, no need for a new thread, the mods can just change the name from the old thread to Bono voice 2018
  3. Official thread __O-
  4. Let's make 40 threads for Bono's voice 1976 to 2016.
  5. some years should have even 2 separate threads since, for example, 2006 started off being real bad but then it improved for the Nov&Dec shows
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:It's near enough that time to start looking ahead to the next tour and 2018 so I thought i'd create a Bono voice thread for next year as it's one of the most important things for me in a live U2 show as it is for many others too.

I was satisfied with how Bono sang on the JT and many of you were saying that he doesn't appear to have done the pre tour preparation with his voice / physically etc. At 57 he still can sing incredibly well

360 he was incredible and nothing since then has come close to it

One of the things i've noticed this year for the first time and I wonder what it is or if anyone else has noticed, is that Bono appears to struggle in the lower ranges of his voice now, whenever he tries to sing WOWY / RTSS for example in the first verse his voice is very croaky and cracks a lot.

This is one thing that never happened on 360, and I wonder if he can overcome that and be more consistent and smoother in his lower register for the upcoming tour?

For the new songs, how do we think he will be approaching them? Will we see a better vocal performance from Bono in 2018?
    He hit more high notes on 360, but on IE tour his voice was more cleaner and fuller.
    Bono also did alot better job on the older songs on IE tour, WOWY, Pride, WTSHNN was much better on the vocals on IE tour.
  7. and from 2019 on too... this one is reading from the crystall ball too. How could anyone guess/know how will be his voice in 6 months? Award for the most pointless "official" thread goes to...
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    some years should have even 2 separate threads since, for example, 2006 started off being real bad but then it improved for the Nov&Dec shows
    Same with 2009, in the beginning of the tour Bono sounded like he was on helium sometimes
  9. Does anyone know if B has a vocal coach? I think his voice still sounds pretty good live, but can imagine he would like to keep it
    strong.
  10. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]
    He hit more high notes on 360, but on IE tour his voice was more cleaner and fuller.
    Bono also did alot better job on the older songs on IE tour, WOWY, Pride, WTSHNN was much better on the vocals on IE tour.
    Agreed the 80s stuff he was doing pretty well with on IE....... Im just hoping he doesnt decline again like he did on JT
  11. We need a Back In Black cover on the next tour.