1. Does anyone know if the legal matter was with U2/management or something unrelated?
  2. maybe not such a bad idea as everything is available in digital format these days..
  3. Sad to see them go after all this time.
  4. I will ALWAYS have a lot of respect for M2 for always putting himself out there with atu2.com. For me, atu2 officially died the day he stepped away from atu2 over a year ago. I certainly didn't agree with everything he said or wrote about U2, but M2 did make me think. And when I ever contacted him personally, he would always craft a well-thought reply. For two decades I used to look forward to his "Off the Record" column which was posted on Sundays back then. I can't imagine loving a band so much for close to 40 years, running a website for a quarter of a century and then shutting U2's music out during a hard time when he personally may have needed U2 more than ever. For what it's worth, during the second half of atu2's life it seemed to me that there was a false sense of U2 entitlement from some of the regular and guest contributors which snowballed each year. I applaud M2 for calling ATU2 a day on his terms. Thank you M2 and thank you so much to REMY for this website!!! I sincerely hope M2 finds peace and can listen to U2 (any U2) again one day.
  5. Man, this is kinda sad. I used to use atu2 before I found this site to track U2-related news. I can remember being in middle school and reading about the release of SOI on atu2's feed.
  6. It's so sad to see a HUGE site like AtU2 disappear. More than the news section -which are more often than not mirrored in other sites- I'm concerned about the unique content created by their collaborators and specially about the interviews with people from the U2 camp. Oh well, things can't last forever.
  7. Omnia terminos.
  8. Originally posted by LostSailor:I will ALWAYS have a lot of respect for M2 for always putting himself out there with atu2.com. For me, atu2 officially died the day he stepped away from atu2 over a year ago. I certainly didn't agree with everything he said or wrote about U2, but M2 did make me think. And when I ever contacted him personally, he would always craft a well-thought reply. For two decades I used to look forward to his "Off the Record" column which was posted on Sundays back then. I can't imagine loving a band so much for close to 40 years, running a website for a quarter of a century and then shutting U2's music out during a hard time when he personally may have needed U2 more than ever. For what it's worth, during the second half of atu2's life it seemed to me that there was a false sense of U2 entitlement from some of the regular and guest contributors which snowballed each year. I applaud M2 for calling ATU2 a day on his terms. Thank you M2 and thank you so much to REMY for this website!!! I sincerely hope M2 finds peace and can listen to U2 (any U2) again one day.
    #MeToo

Matt was always great to read, great to chat with! Conent of Atu2 helped me a lot during writing of my master degree (about u2). Passing of atu2.com is a sad day for U2 online community... thank god we still have U2start, U2songs, U2torrents, U2tour.de to all the kudos to all admins!