1. I've been a fan since 1980 and musically for me, the band peaked the night of 30 December 1989! it was all downhill after that (only kidding).
  2. ...listening in your cards in Belfast and Glasgow, Bristol and Manchester... or whatever...

...and we were in Glasgow...What memories
  3. Originally posted by Edi:...listening in your cards in Belfast and Glasgow, Bristol and Manchester... or whatever...

...and we were in Glasgow...What memories
    cards?
  4. for me Lovetown was the end of U2 concerts, ZooTv saw the start of U2 shows. There was an element of anything could happen at a show whereas from 92 everything was very structured, it has even got to the stage now where Bono says the same thing each night never mind sing something different, but in saying that London 1 this year was superb and hopefully I will be there in 2018
  5. I still have the bootleg I made that night! The quality is awful but it's quite funny because it was broadcast here by the Czechoslovak Radio and there's a (Slovak) announcer commenting on what was going on at the Point Depot. It feels like a sports commentator commenting on figure skating or something. He's off so many times (it was a radio broadcast after all so he couldn't have known what was going on at the arena and I also doubt he could speak English...). So for instance, as the countdown begins, the commentator says "U2 is greeting the audience" and stuff like that.

(I still have a soft spot for Pride because Bono mentioned Czechoslovakia and the other countries which had regained freedom in 1989... This is definitely one of the strongest memories of 1989/1990 for me.)
  6. Originally posted by argyleg:for me Lovetown was the end of U2 concerts, ZooTv saw the start of U2 shows. There was an element of anything could happen at a show whereas from 92 everything was very structured, it has even got to the stage now where Bono says the same thing each night never mind sing something different, but in saying that London 1 this year was superb and hopefully I will be there in 2018
    This is so true.
  7. Why is the band self not favoring this period?
  8. I know it was typo, it just looked funny
    This was my first or second bootleg (on cassette) and I know probably every word from it
  9. First one for me, also.

Although in here it was broadcasted 1 year later (midnight 1990-91); also taped it and listened to it until I memorized it.

It was a double show, btw, they broadcasted this one and right after, the Save The Yuppie Free Concert. So those were my 2 first shows, and for several years, my only two live U2 shows, back when I didn't even knew of the existence of bootlegs.
  10. My first U2 concerts, and the first time ever that I travelled abroad for concerts were the 26th and 31st Dec show at The Point, I would love if they release a DVD of the New Year’s eve concert.
    This was the best show ever for me, it was a very special concert. I still hope they release it once.
    I also still have the tape that my bed & breakfast host recorded for me. Propaganda magazine also had an inlay card for a cassette.

My favorite is „the only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you wanna live in, dream out loud, on high volume“. Bono said it before I still haven’t found...

And I also love when he said „listening in your cars...“, he also said „but tonight we‘re making you all Irish“.

But in many articles it’s a wrong info that he said the „dream it all up again“ during this show. In fact he said it one day earlier, on the 30th. When everyone thought that U2 would call it quits after that tour.