1. Wave Of Sorrow
  2. Karla Bonoff - Goodbye my friend
  3. 7.

4. I'm not sure why, but the live version of Mercy always makes me desperately sad... It's probably more of a personal connection to that version more than anything else, because it's not a particularly sad song... The unused album take doesn't have this effect nearly so much.

There's just something about that tighter live version that just really puts me in a melancholic place, but in a good way, I suppose, as I love the song.
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I'm not sure why, but the live version of Mercy always makes me desperately sad... It's probably more of a personal connection to that version more than anything else, because it's not a particularly sad song... The unused album take doesn't have this effect nearly so much.

There's just something about that tighter live version that just really puts me in a melancholic place, but in a good way, I suppose, as I love the song.
    mmh... I get that with the studio version. And with Bad, and Elvis Presley And America, and Little Things...

From other bands, from the top of my head, these two:

(probably I should specify that I don't really speak english, so I usually don't have a clue of what a song is about unless I read the lyrics... so for all I know these songs have nothing of sad on their lyrics, but the music makes me sad still)

---

Actually... 90% of The Ocean Blue music makes me sad. I love them, have a few of their albums, but I avoid them because they really are a downers to me... love them still...
  6. pretty much anything from Joy Divison and Radiohead
  7. Skeleton Tree by Nick Cave .the Whole album
    Yes we all Know that Nick Cave Always or usually or often writes no happy songs.and he looks Like Not being a cheerful Man
    But this last album....
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:Skeleton Tree by Nick Cave .the Whole album
    Yes we all Know that Nick Cave Always or usually or often writes no happy songs.and he looks Like Not being a cheerful Man
    But this last album....
    yep and he has lost his son some months ago