1. Thanks, everyone! I would also love to meet all of you--might be a little while before I can get to Europe, but if anyone's going to the DC shows this year, let me know!

Also, Facebook tells me that 9 years ago today (Jan. 3, 2009), I posted a status that said "Nathaniel (last name) is glad he stumbled upon a treasure trove of live U2 recordings...good stuff"...so I'm guessing that 9 years ago today was the day I stumbled onto this website. Cheers!
  2. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:Thanks, everyone! I would also love to meet all of you--might be a little while before I can get to Europe, but if anyone's going to the DC shows this year, let me know!

Also, Facebook tells me that 9 years ago today (Jan. 3, 2009), I posted a status that said "Nathaniel (last name) is glad he stumbled upon a treasure trove of live U2 recordings...good stuff"...so I'm guessing that 9 years ago today was the day I stumbled onto this website. Cheers!
    Haha, you aren't lying

username: Hoosier2012
    e-mail: U2Fanatic##@###.com
    date registered: 2009-01-03

(I didn't make up the email, just erased some characters. Brilliant email address)
  3. Damn dude, this was a fantastic read. Thanks for that!

It's funny how many of us became super-fans as a result of listening to those decade-greatest hits albums. My story is super similar to yours, but with the 80-90 album. Right down to the fact that I knew their 80s era back to front but knew barely anything about their 90s output for a long time. The first time I heard Mysterious Ways, realizing that it was this black and white 80s band that I had come to know and love I was floored.

I guess U2 knew what they were doing when they released those!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha, you aren't lying

username: Hoosier2012
    e-mail: U2Fanatic##@###.com
    date registered: 2009-01-03

(I didn't make up the email, just erased some characters. Brilliant email address)
    Hahaha, thanks for the verification. Perfect timing, then!
  5. Great read!!!
  6. I really enjoyed reading that, especially on where U2 intersects with the churches' teachings. Also, it's easy sometimes for old farts like me to take the great tours we've seen for granted, but to be honest with you, the gigs you've seen since 2009 have been pretty special too.