1. I did get an answer , how about yourself has anything been answered for you at all ?
  2. Originally posted by nunomoreira1:[..]
    I personally know you for many years and I KNOW you've shared/ traded something that was not yours to do so, where's your comment sense in that??? Shut the hell up, you're full of shit! Oh and enjoy the recording the recordings that are shared from me and other people, at least you get that even after your drama.

U2lemonman right on!

This was totally out of place, Nuno. As I told you, we U2start mods were going to stay apart from this whole childish identity/integrity/authorship discussions unless any of you stepped over the lines of behaviour and taste – just as anyone else on the site. You just did so this must be stopped now.

I guess all this bitterness and bashing comes from the -still undisputed- issue of the Peace On Earth IEM being claimed by UltravioletU2/Frank as his recording while the evidence shown that it was Gambler's recording (which he didn't want to be out, to make matters worse). And I might be wrong of course, but intuition tells me that this bashing will continue unless Frank denies his autorship and apologizes.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I know it's a figure of speech but in real court you can easily check certain 'facts'. We don't have those opportunities so it's hard to prove anything. I think in this case 'quiet obvious' should be more than enough for a warning or just at least a statement that his fellow U2 fans don't like to be fooled like this.
    As you say we are not in court and we mods aren't judges. Exact same time alignment and wavelength double-checking might make it pretty obvious and common sense would indicate it's the same recording, but there's still nothing punishable (according to our house rules, at least) in sharing anyone else's recording, especially when it's not 'out there' and therefore we do not know the taper wishes regarding the sharing of their recording. Of course it's morally condemnable if it's the case, but we thought as the posts in the Peace On Earth topic were self-explanatory and we didn't want to stir the discussion up any more.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

This was totally out of place, Nuno. As I told you, we U2start mods were going to stay apart from this whole childish identity/integrity/authorship discussions unless any of you stepped over the lines of behaviour and taste – just as anyone else on the site. You just did so this must be stopped now.

I guess all this bitterness and bashing comes from the -still undisputed- issue of the Peace On Earth IEM being claimed by UltravioletU2/Frank as his recording while the evidence shown that it was Gambler's recording (which he didn't want to be out, to make matters worse). And I might be wrong of course, but intuition tells me that this bashing will continue unless Frank denies his autorship and apologizes.
    Sergio, and so was other people's posts out of place as well. I admit that I was out of place with the choice of words to say a few things that are true and I'm sorry for that but you as moderator should see other people's initial comments first before you get to the answers, that's the logic thing to do. Calling people coward and accusing other people of double identity without proof is also out of place in my book, or are you going to say something regarding that too? If you can't see that send me a Pm and it will be my pleasure to help you as I always have. Like you, I'm only interested for this site to be fair and respectful.

As for the other issue, I believe Frank is at his work so he'll answer to you later after or whenever he can but if you look back 1 page or 2 on this thread you'll see that he already said that he never claimed that the recording was his and that he was only given a mp3 sample (with no restrictions to share) so no fault at all in that. That issue was solved already.
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

it's not that we're in court or something. Just use common sense, that's more than enough in this case. Do you really respect the tapers or do you only care about those recordings being shared? Sharing recordings against tapers wishes (and supporting that) is probably the biggest disrespect to tapers you can show.

Disappointing that you think like that of me Rick and you can`t be further from the truth , we all want the best and unreleased recordings but if not that is fine there is plenty of other ones we can enjoy over and over.
  6. I always appreciate a nice recording. I think what gets lost in translation, is that once a recording is shared, it goes into the black hole, where someone might turn it into a awful sounding MP3 file, some might convert it into a concrete block. but once it is shared with one person, it is like gossip...who knows who gets it and ruins it from there. I personally hate MP3, and hate the way it sounds...but...
    With death, sickness, and other serious issues among us, I really don't care anymore about who taped what. I appreciate someone who taped a show on a Three Dollar Radio Shack Tandy 1979 cassette recorder just as much as someone who taped a show on a 14 Million Dollar Sony EXUB76-XYE Flux Fluid Arch Recording System.
  7. thanks a lot for this, sounds amazing
  8. Nuno and his 'friends'..