1. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Anyone seen the news about Ed Sheeran tickets?? They've worked out which tickets were bought by known touts and cancelled 10,000 of them, then helped genuine fans who bought these get refunded and get valid tickets for the right price - it can obviously be done so how come U2 don't take a stance like this? Is there a reason?
    Sheeran is a hypocrite .
    All the hullabaloo he and his manager were going on about over the last 10 months about no resale being allowed and they didnt even bother checking anyone for ID at his Irish gigs.
    His management made a right mess ,there was no way to resell the tickets for face value in Ireland ,so people who bought 10 months ago were stuck with tickets they believed that they could not give to a friend or resell for face value.
    Not to mention the fact that none of his gigs were really sold out ,and he manipulated the market.
    Loads of his tickets for the UK gigs were held back for hospitality and hotel packages.
  2. Originally posted by Fano:[..]
    Sheeran is a hypocrite .
    All the hullabaloo he and his manager were going on about over the last 10 months about no resale being allowed and they didnt even bother checking anyone for ID at his Irish gigs.
    His management made a right mess ,there was no way to resell the tickets for face value in Ireland ,so people who bought 10 months ago were stuck with tickets they believed that they could not give to a friend or resell for face value.
    Not to mention the fact that none of his gigs were really sold out ,and he manipulated the market.
    Why anybody would want to go and see that shite is beyond me anyway

3. "I would like to see us maximize revenues whenever we can"

Similar talk to Rapino @ Livenation,basically screw every possible cent out of the fans.
    These suits think that they can charge the market rate for every ticket.
    Their logic is if a tout can sell a ticket for big money ,then they should be able to charge the same amount .
    If every primary seller was charging the market rate for events ,fans wouldnt long start revolting.
  4. Rant. GA available for Belfast 2 again but only with a £45 add on for a U2.com subscription and only allowing for them to be purchased in pairs. WTF
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:Rant. GA available for Belfast 2 again but only with a £45 add on for a U2.com subscription and only allowing for them to be purchased in pairs. WTF
    I remember for the I&E Glasgow shows i’d already used my code to get Ga for night 1 and seen on ticketmaster I could get tickets on the second presale (the equivalent of innocence for E&I) if I purchased another subscription which I did. I was buying 2 so the additional cost per ticket was worth it to avoid the general sale. This case with Belfast is strange though since we are obviously well past the presales. I wonder who’s responsible for this selling strategy, u2’s Management or ticketmaster?

6. But try to buy one and....