1. I have seen a few posts on Facebook from multiple people saying this and it appears to be gathering weight. I don’t know the original source but more and more people are talking about it and saying it. I don’t know if anyone knows about it on this forum or not but I thought I’d mention it as it’s worrying.

There is no U2 without Larry Mullen.
  2. Not really a rumour if there is no source. Even a dodgy source would do.
  3. I've also read that but again I wouldn't read too much Into it. You never know tho
  4. If he retires, so be it.

They’ve had a good run.
  5. if there's going to be any retirements, U2 will retire as a group, not one single individual. If Larry wants to retire, I don't think they'll communicate it like that.
  6. If they were to retire i'd love it if it was just from touring. i still think there are shreds of creativity within them that could make for a great record or two, especially when you remove the pressures of touring schedules.
  7. I did hear that after this tour there would be one big finale at Slane castle because Larry has had enough and his back and hands give him problems after all the years of hitting the drums.....Again its just a rumor
  8. I think it's just a rumor. I believe that when this occurs, they will not only justify that a member wants to leave, for him to always be the sole responsible, and yes it will be announced as a decision of the group. I also remember rumors that Larry wanted to end it all after the 360, but that was not quite what happened. I think he's more likely to want a long vacation.
  9. It is possible U2 will not be releasing new music anymore. The sales and reception of SOE is not a success yet, for U2 standards. But I think U2 will do a Farewell tour over 5-10 years.
  10. They will, and should, retire, of course. And then do some music again :-)
  11. Thank you for the links. Then there will be no new U2 releases anymore. Without Larry there is no U2. But I'm pretty sure U2 will do a (50 anniversary) farewell tour in 2026.