1. Not sure I'd want over 6fps at a rock concert. Yeah, for an action sequence, like a snowboard jump, it's cool. But I'm not sure I'd want to look through all those similar images of a concert once I got home. But yeah, I have to admit, 1.2fps is a bit slow. Would be nice to have the option of something faster, & settle for around 3fps I would think.
  2. https://photos.app.goo.gl/tvofL9yNgQ9W57IU2

Im happy With my Sony WX500 which is HX90 without gps And viewfinder, No RAW but like Sparko said good zoom pretty good package for filming And shoting at reasonable price, using Manual of course

3. Panasonic TZ-71 fully zoomed out (30x) at the nosebleed seats at Rose Bowl. Shoots RAW (PNG Files), also pretty good filming (check "terrorsittich"'s clips)
  4. OK so I've upgraded my gig camera (the G7X) to the G7X Mark 2, so I now have the ability to shoot in RAW at 8fps.

And I have the original G7x for sale if anyone's interested !
  5. Think I may 'downgrade' to the Panasonic LX100, if I can find one cheap. Don't think I want the hassle of an ILC for concerts. I'm planning on shooting mostly video (much slower shutter speeds than photos). So I'll get by with much lower ISO & the cropped MFT sensor should still produce acceptable image quality. Though lack of a touchscreen may be a worry (especially if the auto-focus starts hunting).
  6. Anybody try to get any decent results with a phone? I had some good results with an LG G4 back in 2015 and may have another go this year though I don't have many GA opportunities.
  7. settled on a new lens to take along this tour: the sigma 19mm f2.8 probably gonna go get it by the end of march. the plan is to use it for some bstage shots...
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:Anybody try to get any decent results with a phone? I had some good results with an LG G4 back in 2015 and may have another go this year though I don't have many GA opportunities.
    Decent concert photographies and mobile phones are water and oil, like politics and ethics.

9. Noisy but decent and with next to no post processing. Passable.
  10. This one is decent, the other not so much. Of course phone pics are better than no pics at all, and sure they're getting better with time. Better sensors, wider apertures, improved noise & dynamics, etc. As long as you can compensate exposure (-2 to -3 EV work best) you'll get decent results - though always wide open and not zoomed at all.
  11. Originally posted by sparko:[image]
    Panasonic TZ-71 fully zoomed out (30x) at the nosebleed seats at Rose Bowl. Shoots RAW (PNG Files), also pretty good filming (check "terrorsittich"'s clips)
    If I was looking for a camera with a decent zoom I think the furthest I'd go is a 10x zoom, like the Panasonic TZ110. As it can still have a decent sized 1" sensor. Though it does have a slow lens (small aperture), especially when zoomed in. Anything larger than 10x, & you're going to be looking at a very small sensor, & a slow lens, which is going to be pretty poor in low light.

You can get by with a bit more zoom when filming video (if you can avoid the camera shake), as you should use lower shutter speeds, so can lower the ISO avoiding some of the noise created with small sensors & slow lenses.