1. Don't worry, not interested in the 830 in the slightest. Had to be the 1020 or 930 to be of any interest at that price, or the CM1 for quite a bit more.

Originally posted by mofothethird:Happy i guess you used a lot of zoom thus its slowing down its shutter time. Either way no complaints here bc i still like your closeups

Yep, they are certainly awesome shots, that you won't get without a nice long zoom.
  2. it's interesting to see the different colours you can pull out of a RAW file. not even a year later I find myself editing very differently in lightroom... it's a matter of taste/preference, I suppose, so I'm not even gonna get into what looks better and "how to" I'm just having fun editing old pictures and am surprised by the different results that can be achieved!

first one I edited a week after the show. the second one I edited yesterday.

3. Would an A6000 be enough for indoors?
  4. Originally posted by flowerchild:it's interesting to see the different colours you can pull out of a RAW file. not even a year later I find myself editing very differently in lightroom... it's a matter of taste/preference, I suppose, so I'm not even gonna get into what looks better and "how to" I'm just having fun editing old pictures and am surprised by the different results that can be achieved!

[image]

[image]
    You're making it "warmer"? Yeah its a matter of personal preference. I like the second one but then it makes Edge look like something he doesn't look like when you look away from your camera. He's not that tanned
  5. Originally posted by flowerchild:it's interesting to see the different colours you can pull out of a RAW file. not even a year later I find myself editing very differently in lightroom... it's a matter of taste/preference, I suppose, so I'm not even gonna get into what looks better and "how to" I'm just having fun editing old pictures and am surprised by the different results that can be achieved!

[image]

[image]
    I much prefer the first one. More lifelike. The second has a strong HDR vibe.
  6. I'm not necessarily aiming for 100% life-like colours. don't wanna have them look like aliens either ofc just having fun with colours as long as it's not going overboard... I feel like I want my photos to look a little different from the norm, especially in concert photography. otherwise it all looks the same, and I do want people to go "oh that one was taken by iinchicore"!

it's a learning curve iac
  7. @remy: how do you feel you're getting along with your new camera?
  8. The camera I also had last year, and I know it pretty well now. But the lens I still have to adapt to. I learned that 35mm is perfect for e-stage but too short for main stage. Ideally you’d have a 50mm there. My St Louis main stage photos were OK but only when the band was up close.
  9. yeah that aligns with the plans I have. 19mm (which will be about 30 with the cropped sensor) for b-stage, 60mm for main.
  10. Just a note, as I am planning to get one additionally:

Panasonic released in 2016 a Traveller Zoom TZ100 / TZ101 (ZS-100 in US, Asia TZ110) which has a 10x zoom with a 1" Sensor, which is a lot better for High ISO concert photo / film. It also films in 4k (which gives you room for cropping). It has 20 Megapixels.
    With that bigger sensor, you have a much better result with High ISO (way less noise) so the "dark" shutter at the long end (f5.9) is no problem at all.

Having the TZ71, with a smaller sensor, which is still great for filming with its 30x zoom; I looked at the Canon G7X (II) but then stumbled upon the TZ101 - as the Canon only has 4,2x zoom, which isn't the most useful for people not in front row.
    I'll keep my TZ71 and my buddy will then use it (his Sony is nearly dead now), both are a great team then.
    Getting another one is just because I want better photos, which is hard, usually using a high end rig, you cannot take to a show with a standard ticket in your hand.

For European shows: Cameras with detachable lenses are not allowed usually. And with metal detectors installed at the arenas, it will be pretty hard hiding extra lenses when you have to empty all pockets and bags.

@flowerchild: I pretty much guess, when Remy says he uses a 35mm, it's the number written on the lens, so taking the APSC Sensor, it is actually a 50-55mm in Full Frame (which is the "normal eye range"), and a 50mm would be 80mm in Full Frame. So you need to reach a Full Frame 50mm, not 30mm. And 20mm is quite a lot in that range!
  11. I don't want to have exactly what remy uses. I just meant to say that I'm gonna take a more wide-angel-y lens for b-stage and a longer one for main. just as a general plan.