Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. people talk about pride, SBS, BD as if he had not songs like Stay, Bad or SYCMIOYO to play sometimes in place of these songs, in addition to providing a climate of "exclusivity" for the crowd.
  2. I think Pride should and will be played during this tour as it will be 50 years this year since the assassination of MLK. This is not the year to drop it.
  3. Originally posted by ugis58:I think Pride should and will be played during this tour as it will be 50 years this year since the assassination of MLK. This is not the year to drop it.
    Agreed. Pride is an important song and there are not many bands which have a song this meaningful and that embodies everything about u2- the sound/ the message/ the live performance. I changed my mind on Pride during the JT tour.

But all the post 2000 staples are all a bit meh.
  4. Originally posted by dylbagz:You guys realise they're only boring for you having seen them all so many times and at multiple shows per tour? The venue is always going to be 90% casuals, and the band plays to them rather than the 10% who might have seen pride more than a couple times before

Tell me something I don't know : though I would say probably 20% of the audience do more than 1 show on any one specific tour and probably at least half of any crowd have seen the before. I know I do multiple shows per tour and not everyone does, but I didn't miss "Bullet" on 360 at all ; and neither did lots of people.
  5. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:[..]
    Agreed. Pride is an important song and there are not many bands which have a song this meaningful and that embodies everything about u2- the sound/ the message/ the live performance. I changed my mind on Pride during the JT tour.

But all the post 2000 staples are all a bit meh.
    i agree i can see the significance of playing pride and u2 being u2 wont et ths opportunity pass, but i think BD, elevation, vertigo should be put to rest this time. I cant see them playing much from the joshua tree since they have just played that to death on the last tour. What i can probably see is them playing some rarities from boy as part of the innocence, possibly rariities like twilight or shadows.
  6. Originally posted by hedyzera:people talk about pride, SBS, BD as if he had not songs like Stay, Bad or SYCMIOYO to play sometimes in place of these songs, in addition to providing a climate of "exclusivity" for the crowd.
    Eh, I agree with you on Bad, but there is no way Stay and SYCMIOYO are anywhere in the same stratosphere of popularity with the general crowd over Pride, SBS and BD.
  7. Originally posted by markreed:[..]

Tell me something I don't know : though I would say probably 20% of the audience do more than 1 show on any one specific tour and probably at least half of any crowd have seen the before. I know I do multiple shows per tour and not everyone does, but I didn't miss "Bullet" on 360 at all ; and neither did lots of people.
    Bullet was one of the highlights of the JT tour and especially on the I&E tour, on the Vertigo tour it was incredible so I don't get what your going on about ,Its an important song to U2 and is more relevant now than ever, would anyone care if they dropped COBL, Elevation etc I certainly wouldn't also The Fly needs to played again how amazing would it be using that big TV screen it was always a show highlight and it saved U2 from becoming a heritage act in the 90s when so many 80s bands were kicked to the kerb and lost their fanbase as they didn't move with the times.
  8. I guess the problem is, it’s not just the casual fan who we usually blame for overplaying these big hits. It’s also die hard fans who say well they should drop one, WOWY and beautiful day but play pride and SBs still or vice versa. Most people would be happy to keep 3 or 4 big hits but they’re different to the next person you ask so the band are never going to entirely please everyone. It’s down to era’s sometimes, one of my favourite setlists from recent years was one of the 360 shows (I think Baltimore) which featured 6 from Achtung Baby and 2 from Zooropa. That alone was enough for it to be one of my favourites although I never listen to the show much now because the u22 compilation is near enough the perfect 360 tour Setlist for me and features all the Achtung baby and Zooropa songs played at Baltimore.
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Bullet was one of the highlights of the JT tour and especially on the I&E tour, on the Vertigo tour it was incredible so I don't get what your going on about ,Its an important song to U2 and is more relevant now than ever, would anyone care if they dropped COBL, Elevation etc I certainly wouldn't also The Fly needs to played again how amazing would it be using that big TV screen it was always a show highlight and it saved U2 from becoming a heritage act in the 90s when so many 80s bands were kicked to the kerb and lost their fanbase as they didn't move with the times.
    I would prefer COBL over Bullet every day of the week. Would love to see the Fly back though.
  10. Compare Bullet in 1993 with Bullet in 2005. The Vertigo tour version was toothless and the solo was dull.

I'd be happy with them playing plenty of hits, but they're trapped in thinking the only hits are Pride, Sunday, Streets, WOWY, Still Haven't Found, One, Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Elevation : they've got so many other songs they can play that they have barely touched over the years. Songs become live classics by being played a lot : they need to play some of these songs more.

We all rave about how much we want them to bring back "Please" into the set... if they'd played it at say 1 show in 5 in 2001, 2005, etc., it would be well known as a live classic, but no ones seen it live in 17 years.
  11. I would really like to see Even Better Than the Real Thing go back to its original form instead of a remix.
  12. Agreed! I was told Fly will be back on the set. They rehearsed (the original version) in 2015 but they decided not to play.