Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Hmm, I'm fairly sure that at both shows he sang parts of it. In St. Louis I was right in front of him and I could hear him do this. You can also hear this on the IEM.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but when I listen to the IEM, I really get the feeling that LIAWHL is not sung live. You can really hear the difference when Bono starts singing during Blackout, the sound is much more clear then, whereas the sound is muffled during LIAWHL.
    But then again, maybe I'm wrong, I was not there so I cannot really judge.
  2. Originally posted by Jeffreyduce:[..]
    Maybe I'm wrong, but when I listen to the IEM, I really get the feeling that LIAWHL is not sung live. You can really hear the difference when Bono starts singing during Blackout, the sound is much more clear then, whereas the sound is muffled during LIAWHL.
    But then again, maybe I'm wrong, I was not there so I cannot really judge.
    Maybe I'm wrong too, being there is not always a good advisor

In any case, I agree with the fact that if no part is sung live, it should not be on the setlist.
  3. Is there a decent recording of he new 'miracle of joey ramone' remix used on the tour? I've heard snippets, would love to hear the full thing!
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Maybe I'm wrong too, being there is not always a good advisor

In any case, I agree with the fact that if no part is sung live, it should not be on the setlist.
    Strange that Bono wears the headset microphone then!
  5. seems like a tweet of mine has sparked a little negative discussion about the setlist ugh
  6. Nothing wrong with that. We're fans and we like our band to satisfy us - and that obviously includes the setlist of their shows.
  7. I just realized that this tour is SO rigid and fixed that not even Bono's birthday got a mention. Must be the first time ever that they play a show on/around May 10th and don't do a nod to his Bday? Sad stat.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I just realized that this tour is SO rigid and fixed that not even Bono's birthday got a mention. Must be the first time ever that they play a show on/around May 10th and don't do a nod to his Bday? Sad stat.
    They seem to keep very close to the basic setlist, which i don't really like
  9. Will the tour keep going into 2019?
    It's really hard to call that at this moment in time. It's always nice to have a successful tour and keep it going until you feel like you've gotten to everyone that wants to see it. I think nowadays with everything so compartmentalized it feels like we've got to get to our people. But I don't know. It is a short tour. We made that decision because we've done a lot of shows over the last four years in total. There are parts of the world we just haven't been to in the past for years as well. We haven't been to Australia, Japan, Southeast Asia. We really haven't spent that long in Europe, so perhaps we'll lengthen the tour, but in reality maybe we need to find a way of being in bigger places again. If there was a way of taking the essence of this period and being in stadiums, maybe that's worth thinking about. But I don't know. I'm just speculating here with you.

So at least they REALIZE they are playing too much in North America and too few in the rest of the world
  10. Talk about the decision to finally play "Acrobat." Did you do that in response to the fans that have been asking for so long?
    There's this really annoying journalist who works at Rolling Stone ... [laughs] He's been saying "you've got to play 'Acrobat'" for years now.... "Acrobat" is a song that over the years felt somewhat midtempo in a show and we never really felt it was going to fit into any of the other contexts of shows that we've done. It was always the odd one out. This time around, it felt like a rarity and there has been a movement within the hardcore fan club for it. We've never shied away from doing particular songs unless it doesn't particularly contextualize what we're trying to do. I guess it has an emotional resonance to it and it has a lyrical through-line that works as well. I'm very happy to perform it. It's actually great fun.