Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by germcevoy:The best thing about this tour?

It is divisive. We are all still here after all this years and we all have strong thoughts and opinions. That should be applauded.
    Doesn't say much about the tour then does it?
  2. I think it does. Just as many singing its praises as those who aren't.

I haven't seen it yet so I don't quite know which side of the fence I sit on.
  3. I went with 2 casual fans. They loved it. They have never seen U2 live before and now they love them.
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I think it does. Just as many singing its praises as those who aren't.

I agree, I’ve rarely seen this site so split on a tour. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see it in person but from my following I have to say even I’m divided on it and don’t quite know where I stand... but they’re make me evaluate what I think about the band and their show and what they’re trying to do... as awesome as JT30 was in person, it didn’t make me really evaluate my opinions as much.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I think it does. Just as many singing its praises as those who aren't.

I agree, I’ve rarely seen this site so split on a tour. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see it in person but from my following I have to say even I’m divided on it and don’t quite know where I stand... but they’re make me evaluate what I think about the band and their show and what they’re trying to do... as awesome as JT30 was in person, it didn’t make me really evaluate my opinions as much.
  6. Yeah but I was referring to people who had seen the Innocence show AND this one.

If Innocence had never existed as a tour then I’d be singing a much different tune.
  7. Still two weeks to go and it's finally time for Amsterdam! My first and only concert this tour so I am really looking forward to it. I have tried not to view the set list too often. Although, I know which songs they are going to play (so there won't be surprises for me), but I do not know the order of the setlist by heart, so it still remains "fresh" to me. (in contrast to 2015 when I even literally knew almost every word Bono was going to say between songs, by watching too much YouTube in advance) That there is hardly any variation in the setlist isn't a minus this time for me because due to the lack of variation, I don't have to worry about whether other shows had a better set list than my show.

I also have a question about GA: someone here who has been frontrail at the catwalk? In 2015 I had two times frontrail at the E-stage, so this time I wanted anyway a different spot. Frontrail mainstage seems to me a perfect spot, of course, although I fear that in order to get a front row spot at mainstage, it is almost necessary to queuen very early (early as in "the day in advance"). A front row spot on the catwalk seems feasible to me if I join the queue in the very early morning (5 am-6am), I only wondered, what's the experience there? Of course, the band often passes over the catwalk, but perhaps the interaction between band and audience there is less, since the "action" itself usually takes place on either E-stage or mainstage and you will never really feel involved to the concert with a catwalk spot?
    Also, do you still see a little bit of the screen at the catwalk, or is screen visibility zero?