Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by EthanD:Question for anyone that was at the Berlin show, how lively was the audience? Hopefully people were a bit extra excited for the cameras. Glad to hear people put their phones away.
    Some of the DVDs released have had very subdued looking audiences, although the crowd noise is always overdubbed loudly.
    For the first couple of songs, Bono had to enthuse the crowd. He was waving a lot for response of the audience. After that it was a big party.

I do believe there were a lot of hired or invited people in the GA as it was way more crowded than Berlin 1 and 2 and there was no GA ticket drop.
  2. Band hiring people to stand in GA
  3. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    For the first couple of songs, Bono had to enthuse the crowd. He was waving a lot for response of the audience. After that it was a big party.

I do believe there were a lot of hired or invited people in the GA as it was way more crowded than Berlin 1 and 2 and there was no GA ticket drop.
    Actually... it was less crowded from my point of view. And it was very good, despite the fact that they switched sides for the area for the disabled, so technically Adam's side should be really crowded.
  4. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]

There was less room in GA this time because of the cameras. That is one more reason it was more crowded.

The second one is that many fans made their way into GA from the seats. Esp. those that didn’t get GA’s and bought a seat instead only to use it as an entry point to the floor. It was relatively easy, security didn’t really care or pay attention for most of them.
  5. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]

It was also more crowded as there was another seperated area on Adam's side, called "south riser", slightly elevated, facing the end of the barricage and the e-stage. That's where friends and family and also some people from Universal germany and some celebs were located. Ali Hewson was there and some of the U2ers kids as well as Brian Eno (if I'm not mistaken).

There we no hired people in GA, believe me. And we went crazy from the start.
  6. Originally posted by Papo:[..]

It was also more crowded as there was another seperated area on Adam's side, called "south riser", slightly elevated, facing the end of the barricage and the e-stage. That's where friends and family and also some people from Universal germany and some celebs were located. Ali Hewson was there and some of the U2ers kids as well as Brian Eno (if I'm not mistaken).

There we no hired people in GA, believe me. And we went crazy from the start.
    Seen such a riser at every show I visited. In Berlin 1 I ended up at Adams side and thought it would be on Edge’s side like every other show I visited.

I think they only moved it from Edge’s side to Adams side because of the camera rail at Edge’s side.
  7. I think the crowd was very good considering its average age. They were standing on the stands during the whole gig (as far as I remember).

I didn't think it was very crowded on GA. I went to the toilet during the break before One, picked up my confiscated camera and got back before the beginning of the song. We were standing on Adam's side about 10 metres from Edge's Pride solo, right where Red zone began.

I also went passed the south riser and saw Julian Lennon there. Me and my friend waved at him and he came to the fence to shake our hands.
  8. Yeap, sounds like a joke, but some bands do it when they film a DVD - watch the Shine a Light DVD by The Rolling Stones from the Beacon theater in NYC from 2007 - there are hired models in the first rows.

There was nothing like that in Berlin though. I was in the second row and we were all just regular ugly fans as far as I could see

And as Remy already wrote - the GA was smaler this time, since there were camera rails around it, that is why it was probably more crowded and also why if there were GA tickets returned, they were not put back on sale - they needed less people in GA than what was planned for the second show.
  9. What cities in North America haven't been saturated by EI?

Toronto
    Vancouver
    Houston
    Phoenix
    Dallas
    Columbus

I'm sorry to ask this question Aussies, I know this can be painful.
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:What cities in North America haven't been saturated by EI?

Toronto
    Vancouver
    Houston
    Phoenix
    Dallas
    Columbus

Any rumours they’re coming back or are you just speculating??
  11. Speculating....but
  12. Originally posted by miryclay:What cities in North America haven't been saturated by EI?

Toronto
    Vancouver
    Houston
    Phoenix
    Dallas
    Columbus

Don't get me started on which parts of Europe haven't been saturated... Except of 2 cocerts in Poland, they have strictly avoided the central and eastern part of Europe in the past 20 years, and those concerts they played in those "other" areas before (during PopMart) can be counted on fingers of one hand...