Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Going to try and recreate the video of the Chaplin intro
  2. I don't know exactly where to post this, but... "The Last Of The Rockstars" has done it again. Here's 2 hours of soundboard (not IEM!) recordings from the I&E, JT30 and E&I tours It's all mixed and from different gigs and some of the transitions are a bit abrupt (NYD into Bad, for example), but the sound quality is consistently incredible. Magnificent is from Amsterdam4 (ignore that - it's from the 360 tour!), ASOH is from Vancouver but the spoken intro is edited (actually, taking out Bono's reference to the Vancouver city itself!), Bad is from Brazil, Landlady is from Milan, Dirty Day is surprisingly from none of the actual concerts where it was played but from a rehearsal instead (probably Belfast), so on and so forth. All in all it's a very, very enjoyable listen and a great ride through the latest tours.

1. Intro
    2. The Blackout
    3. Lights Of Home
    4. Beautiful Day
    5. Magnificent
    6. I Will Follow
    7. Out Of Control
    8. Gloria
    9. Two Hearts Beat As One
    10. All Because Of You
    11. Red Flag Day
    12. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    13. Iris
    14. Cedarwood Road
    15. Landlady
    16. A Sort Of Homecoming
    17. New Year's Day
    18. Bad
    19. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    20. Raised By Wolves
    21. Until The End Of The World
    22. Dirty Day
    23. Zoo Station
    24. The Fly
    25. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

3. This is interesting. From TPI October 2018.

At showtime, Jim Toten assumes position behind his fader rack to effect
    real-time correction of all the cameras before reaching Askem’s switcher.
    He also records every gig on Telestream Lightspeed multichannel units
    that are in line with an AJA Video Helo system. As the band leave in their
    getaway cars, they are handed a H.264 format recording on SD cards to
    review at their convenience.

Toten elaborated: “U2 are incredibly diligent about watching each
    show to see how they can improve on it. They get to see wide views, a
    programme TX and a camera we call ‘B-Follow’ which is dedicated to Bono and also used as a reference for his wardrobe people.

Another bonus is that I can provide recordings to order for the press and the U2.com team.”
  4. Was just talking to a mate and its kinda crazy how U2 were charging £190 for a ticket back in 2018. Even crazier that people like me paid it.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:Was just talking to a mate and its kinda crazy how U2 were charging £190 for a ticket back in 2018. Even crazier that people like me paid it.
    And getting a nice, but not great show...
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:Was just talking to a mate and its kinda crazy how U2 were charging £190 for a ticket back in 2018. Even crazier that people like me paid it.
    This was obscene. I paid £55 for a seat in 2015 at The O2 and the same seat in 2018 was £190.
  7. same - and it was upper level...
  8. I had Gold VIP for one of the nights in London and tried to not to think too much about it costing twice the price of the most expensive ticket I’d purchased before then. Don’t regret it though, it was an amazing experience (pardon the pun)
  9. Yeah I had Gold VIP for London 1 because that was the only way 6 of us could get seats close to each other (literally a row behind). Don't think I'll get it again though. Don't even know where my gift book is.
  10. GA is still the way to go imo. The cheapest seats behind the stage were a great deal though.