Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Why not? I attended a Pride-less show in 2010, and it had previously missed 25 gigs in a row. If they did it during their biggest tour in history why wouldn't they do it again? I think the only songs that are "sacred" to them regarding setlists are WOWY and Streets. Not even One is untouchable anymore since 2015.
    Beautiful Day? Maybe even vertigo since they brought that back quickly for the JT tour. I think a lot of big songs can be dropped but they don’t stay away for too long, maybe rotating the hits would work but I think that would mean too many different songs from show to show, not too many for us but too many for the band to manage.
  2. take out 'one' and you can put two songs in as it's just a bono ramble fest. It's at least 17 years since a listenable version.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Why not? I attended a Pride-less show in 2010, and it had previously missed 25 gigs in a row. If they did it during their biggest tour in history why wouldn't they do it again? I think the only songs that are "sacred" to them regarding setlists are WOWY and Streets. Not even One is untouchable anymore since 2015.

I stand corrected... I had to go back in the memory banks on this one. Man... you just have it out for me today, eh, Sergio?
  4. Probably the zillionth time I've said this but drop Beautiful Day.
  5. when they play beautiful day or pride don't give anything special inside me, these songs have already gave what they had to give
  6. Yes please. I’d rather hear stuck or walk on at this point. I think even the casuals are sick of it.
  7. I still feel a sense of euphoria when they play Pride. SBS, NYD and Pride all sounded great at the start of the JT shows. Beautiful Day is different because it has barely been rested at all since it came out and it just grinds on me. If they sift some of the hits that desperately need rested, there's room for more stuff. And I'm not talking about deep cuts, I'm talking about the array of hits they have. So much can fill the void.
  8. Talking just for myself, SBS, Pride, NYD, Desire, Angel of Harlem, Elevation - they're good, no, GREAT songs... but hearing them at *every* darn show is boring. The band should rotate the song positions, maybe drop a few - for example, not knowing if you would get NYD at an ie show kept it fresh, and no matter how good the band are, or the songs, I don't *ever* want them to think "Ah, at least this song will be over in 4 minutes".

Also, and I cannot emphasise this enough, the past two tours have been heavy on 80's period hits with the INNOCENCE and JOSHUA TREE themes, lets move *on* and quit the nostalgia.
  9. You guys realise they're only boring for you having seen them all so many times and at multiple shows per tour? The venue is always going to be 90% casuals, and the band plays to them rather than the 10% who might have seen pride more than a couple times before
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:You guys realise they're only boring for you having seen them all so many times and at multiple shows per tour? The venue is always going to be 90% casuals, and the band plays to them rather than the 10% who might have seen pride more than a couple times before
    Yeah, that's a good point. Following the shows on periscope night after night also is an easy way to get sick of it too... Being there is very different. I sometimes talk like Pride, WOWY, and Elevation should be dropped but when I was at a show this summer I sure didn't feel that way!!