Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. I remember seeing or reading something about Bono saying they wanted the set to be less self-indulgent, which I feel was the reason they shortened the innocence suite.
  2. Originally posted by thefly07:I remember seeing or reading something about Bono saying they wanted the set to be less self-indulgent, which I feel was the reason they shortened the innocence suite.
    Then we're lucky it didn't get stripped down to just a single take of Gloria, and then show over.
  3. WTF they didn't play Little things on that tour is beyond bizzare probably the best song on the album and most popular amongst the fanbase, it would have been a fantastic closing song instead of that god awful 13.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:WTF they didn't play Little things on that tour is beyond bizzare probably the best song on the album and most popular amongst the fanbase, it would have been a fantastic closing song instead of that god awful 13.
    Totally agree that it's a shame they didn't bring out Little Things for the tour. Maybe I feel doubly bummed because of the two shows they played in Chicago for JT2017, I chose to go to the show where they didn't play Little Things (though we got IWF to close night 1, which was pretty awesome).

Anyway...I always thought Little Things would've been a great closer to the main set - put it right after COBL. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually quite liked the E & I encore: start with a classic (One), move on to a newer crowd singalong (Love Is Bigger), then go out with the meditative number that brings the whole Innocence/Experience concept full circle (13).
  5. 13 grew on me. Great track. Powerful message.
  6. Same here, as a fan of SFS I didn’t want to hear this sort of different take on it but I’ve learned to enjoy them both now, I think it was a great end to the show.
  7. Yes, same here. Took a while though!

I still think it was a terrible show closer, that will never change I'm afraid.
  8. Little Things closing isn't any better.
  9. It's a good song and should have been played live during EI, just not as the closer.
  10. I like little things as a closer as well but I think I’ve got a different take on what makes a good closer compared to a lot of people. I agree though that it isn’t really any better or worse a closer than 13 in terms of for the wider audience. Both not crowd pleasers and not rockers either even though Edge’s guitar work at the end of little things is rocking in it’s own way. I prefer u2 to keep on doing it there way with closers, the way they’ve been doing it at most tours since zoo tv of playing a new song last, it’s fresh and not playing it safe. The same way they open with new songs as well.