1. Hello everyone, I'm George, I am a 20 year old fan from Greece! (I've been a U2START follower for years & I finally decided to officialy join!) I've always known U2 and their greatest hits, but my life changed in 2009 when my mother told me she had bought tickets for the 360 tour show in Athens. I thank her for that The rest is history I guess. Over the years, I fell in love with U2's music, I started "learning" their history and discovering the band's evolution over the years and I connected with their music & idea(l)s on so many levels. I cannot imagine my life without U2. The last 4 years, I started collecting U2 stuff (CDs, vinyls, books, t-shirts, anything...) and my friends call me crazy, but they don't know what it's like to be a U2 fan!
    Sorry for the long intro about me... one last awesome fact: I was born in 26/9/1997 and that's the date U2 actually played in Greece for the first time ever, in Thessaloniki, my hometown! That's just amazing & beautiful for me, since I will always have that connection with the band.
  2. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:Hello everyone, I'm George, I am a 20 year old fan from Greece! (I've been a U2START follower for years & I finally decided to officialy join!) I've always known U2 and their greatest hits, but my life changed in 2009 when my mother told me she had bought tickets for the 360 tour show in Athens. I thank her for that The rest is history I guess. Over the years, I fell in love with U2's music, I started "learning" their history and discovering the band's evolution over the years and I connected with their music & idea(l)s on so many levels. I cannot imagine my life without U2. The last 4 years, I started collecting U2 stuff (CDs, vinyls, books, t-shirts, anything...) and my friends call me crazy, but they don't know what it's like to be a U2 fan!
    Sorry for the long intro about me... one last awesome fact: I was born in 26/9/1997 and that's the date U2 actually played in Greece for the first time ever, in Thessaloniki, my hometown! That's just amazing & beautiful for me, since I will always have that connection with the band.
    welcome George
  3. Welcome on board!
  4. welcome here on these lovely warm U2 site
  5. Welcome
  6. Welcome George, great intro post!
  7. Thank you for sharing your passion, George! I hope you never lose it. You remind me of my son when he started having a passion for music, both old and new. We shared many musical adventures together--both artists that he loved and who I loved. It started long ago when I shared the music of my youth with him as a kid... Among my favorite memories were the Prince concerts I took him to; I'm still convinced that was why he picked up a guitar at age 18 and taught himself how to play in the first place! LOL Hope you will continue to share your musical adventures, both U2 and otherwise with us.
  8. ciao
  9. Thank you all for welcoming me
  10. Originally posted by OneLight:Thank you for sharing your passion, George! I hope you never lose it. You remind me of my son when he started having a passion for music, both old and new. We shared many musical adventures together--both artists that he loved and who I loved. It started long ago when I shared the music of my youth with him as a kid... Among my favorite memories were the Prince concerts I took him to; I'm still convinced that was why he picked up a guitar at age 18 and taught himself how to play in the first place! LOL Hope you will continue to share your musical adventures, both U2 and otherwise with us.
    My pleasure! It's wonderful you shared musical adventures with your son & have great memories. One day, I hope I'll be able to do the same with my own kid!
  11. Welcome on board, Γεώργιος! That's an amazing connection you have right there, being born on the same day that U2 played Greece for the first time ever is fantastic
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Welcome on board, Γεώργιος! That's an amazing connection you have right there, being born on the same day that U2 played Greece for the first time ever is fantastic
    Thank you for the welcome & what a nice surprise using the greek name as well, this is so cool It really is special to me that my birthday coincides with U2's first time performing in Greece!