1. Someone said some time back that 'good is the enemy of great' and that applies to most U2 tracks this century. I think Little Things... is a great tune, accompanied by a swathe of good tunes and a few clangers. Maybe the tour will rejuvenate my interest.
  2. Originally posted by Anam:Someone said some time back that 'good is the enemy of great' and that applies to most U2 tracks this century. I think Little Things... is a great tune, accompanied by a swathe of good tunes and a few clangers. Maybe the tour will rejuvenate my interest.
    Little Things is a great song. I also think Love is Bigger... is the other great song on this album.
  3. I have a Kenwood multiple 5 cd player, I usually listen to 5 U2 cd's in shuffle. SOE is among these for a while. So yes I am listening on a regular base to SOE. But my opinion has not changed a lot, good/average record. But not in my top U2 top 5.
    Little Things is the only outstanding song. Very good: Book of your heart, Lights of Home.
    Good/getting better: Landlady, Red Flagday, Love is bigger. 13 and GOOYOW. The rest is just average.
    The BBC show changed my opinion on some SOE songs.
  4. I'd put that next in line after Little Things and I'm looking forward to hearing it live.
  5. In My opinion....btw...if you play it or not...one time.twice.never or what ...doesn't mean that it's not a good album.i'm a very good music buyer.i buy cds and vinyls weekly....when SOE came out i had the same " pile" of music in my hall that i Left aside to give Space to U2....now it's that i'm listening to something else and i leave U2 aside.but i have them Always in My heart and ears...surely when i Will play it again i'll say that i've been missing it....
    Well...got my feelings?
  6. Originally posted by Fly40:In My opinion....btw...if you play it or not...one time.twice.never or what ...doesn't mean that it's not a good album.i'm a very good music buyer.i buy cds and vinyls weekly....when SOE came out i had the same " pile" of music in my hall that i Left aside to give Space to U2....now it's that i'm listening to something else and i leave U2 aside.but i have them Always in My heart and ears...surely when i Will play it again i'll say that i've been missing it....
    Well...got my feelings?
    Yeah, by now I think most of us have assumed that you always have big piles of vinyls waiting to get played
  7. .....mmmmhhhhmmm.....yes.you noticed?
  8. Once a month now , max
  9. I don’t.
  10. I admit, the playability of the album has gotten less for me in the last few months. But when the urge to listen to GOOYOW, American Soul, RFD, Little Things, Landlady etc, I really listen to them and enjoy them to the max. Not among their best albums for me but the songs that are great here make up for it.
  11. i am playing it more in anticipation of the live shows