1. 54 years today. It still gives me goosebumps listening to this speech knowing that these were the final words he would say in public. The clip U2 used is good but it's edited. It's even more powerful when you hear or read the full conclusion to his speech.

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I'm happy, tonight.

I'm not worried about anything.

I'm not fearing any man!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!

The full speech is almost 30 minutes but it's really the last 2 1/2 minutes that culminates with these amazingly prescient words. It's like he knew the end was here.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5oZ2sGPuamEZXpiKjBlxAE?si=0fd62ded261c4414
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:54 years today. It still gives me goosebumps listening to this speech knowing that these were the final words he would say in public. The clip U2 used is good but it's edited. It's even more powerful when you hear or read the full conclusion to his speech.

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

I'm not fearing any man!

The full speech is almost 30 minutes but it's really the last 2 1/2 minutes that culminates with these amazingly prescient words. It's like he knew the end was here.

Strong goosebumps reading this.
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:54 years today. It still gives me goosebumps listening to this speech knowing that these were the final words he would say in public. The clip U2 used is good but it's edited. It's even more powerful when you hear or read the full conclusion to his speech.

And I don't mind.

I'm not fearing any man!

long live MLK
  4. Still waiting for his dream of equality to be realised