1. Salut à tous,
    Je suis à la recherche d'une liste d'enregistrements de qualité soundboard, fm, broadcast et wireless inconnus ou perdus... vous pouvez m'aider?

Hi everybody,
    I'm looking for a list of unfamiliar or lost soundboard, fm, broadcast and wireless recordings ... can you help me?
  2. It's all Remy's and Risto's fault They both built the biggest, most comprehensive and best organized database of U2 live recordings in the world. Period.
  3. But those are found recordings. He's looking for lost recordings. So find those lost recordings! Although then they would become found recordings, and he only wants lost recordings. Maybe if there's a recording in a box, and you don't know what it is, then could it be both lost and found? A Schrödinger's bootleg?

I'll defer to BigGirl on metahpysical questions like these.

(Or just ignore me being a smartass, which is probably the best solution)
  4. Originally posted by hoserama:But those are found recordings. He's looking for lost recordings. So find those lost recordings! Although then they would become found recordings, and he only wants lost recordings. Maybe if there's a recording in a box, and you don't know what it is, then could it be both lost and found? A Schrödinger's bootleg?

I'll defer to BigGirl on metahpysical questions like these.

(Or just ignore me being a smartass, which is probably the best solution)
    Touché! (smartass!)

Well, no matter how you look at it, once something is found, it is no longer "lost." Even Schödinger's cat would have to agree...if he makes it out alive

Anyway, I don't think there are any broadcasts "lost." It's only that some original broadcasts are not optimal preserved (n-generation tapes, etc.)

As of soundboards and wireless recordings, there are definitely some uncirculating. Not sure if it is a good idea to "publish" such a list.
    It's better not knowing what you don't have (and enjoy what you do have! - that's as philosophical as I can be at the moment )
  5. Merci!
  6. The only 'lost' recordings as such will be some local radio broadcasts from around 1981 on ToodlesFM in Nantucket when the band played at Jimmy McGrittys as it was broadcast on 101.FM to about 50 people, and all of those who liked the band were probably *there* and not at home recording it. After that, the band will always have had sufficient interest for someone to be putting it onto a C90 on their home stereo system.
  7. Not necessarily, not that long ago the London 87 soundboard surfaced. It had literally been sitting in someone's attic. That is rare, but there could be more recordings like that out there in the hands of someone who was a fan or who happened to know someone and isn't a fan and has thought nothing of it. That would qualify as a lost recording. Of course, technically, there are no lost recordings since really 1982. Every show is archived since then by U2. So there is a soundboard of almost every single U2 show in existence. They are just not in the hands of fans.
    There are some that are also that are not circulating, but those really are not "lost" either. Right Sharebear!