2018-05-07 - San Jose
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    it just finishes the Innocence & Experience story. It's not like U2's career started with a lightbulb Of course they're getting older and there certainly is no guarantee for a future tour, but looking at the setlist I don't think they see it as a farewell tour.
    I kind of do think it started back with the lightbulb swinging over Bono's head back at no 10 Cedarwood Road. The house prop and the lightbulb at the tail end of the show allude to innocence and the beginning of this journey and things coming full circle to me, together with the experience recapturing innocence thing Bono has spoke of.

Doesn't mean it's the end of the story though by any means and personally I don't think it's the end either, I hope not at least.

During that interview with that Dutch guy on TJT tour last year Bono said something to the effect of "...as it goes I think we'll have much more to say..." talking about the future of the band when discussing his health scare. And ever since I heard that, I've stuck with it, so I think there will be more from our beloved band in the coming years. We all know about the possibility of SoA, as well as various song titles floating around that haven't come to fruition yet, but it is just that right now... a possibility.

However, whether we like it or not, it still could be their last time out, whether beknownst to them right now or not. And I think we should all definitely bear that in mind when seeing our show(s) this year and make the very most of them, as none of us know how long this journey will go on for, now more than ever.

They're coming up on retirement age for most people. Not getting any younger and all that. No guarantees or givens especially at that time in life.

They will need some down time after this tour come what may, they've had a period of 5 very active years now, 3 tours, 2 albums, and all the other stuff that goes along with that. Unless they've got SoA in the bag already, or something else entirely in the bag or they're hatching some other plan, then by typical U2 standards we might be looking at another 3-5 years before there is anything else ready to go which could end up being something like 2021 to 2023, all into their early 60's at this point.

Yeah the Rolling Stones. Still going. And no doubt plenty of others. Personally I think U2 are protective of their legacy and will want to wrap up their career as artistically and classily as possible without dragging things on and becoming a watered down version of themselves.

When the end will come who knows, but either way, I really don't think U2 are the kind of band that will make a fanfare about such a thing if they know it's their last go round, my gut feeling is they'd probably do something like what they're doing right now.
  2. What was the sampling problem during 13?
  3. Thanks to videotaper @dssmansv we now have a full video of San Jose 1 including the tour debut of Gloria. High definition, steady and a very interesting angle close to the main stage but with a full view of that super screen. What else?

2018-05-07 - San Jose - full video
  4. The bright side of these early shows is less talking and two more songs . This show had two of the only rotational songs (All Because of You AND Gloria) and before they removed Raised by Wolves. Of the three US shows I saw, I preferred this one. I’ve never had this kind of angle before seeing a show, but it worked out well to capture it unintentionally, especially before the Berlin official release became available. Hope others enjoy it.
  5. Originally posted by dssmansv:The bright side of these early shows is less talking and two more songs . This show had two of the only rotational songs (All Because of You AND Gloria) and before they removed Raised by Wolves. Of the three US shows I saw, I preferred this one. I’ve never had this kind of angle before seeing a show, but it worked out well to capture it unintentionally, especially before the Berlin official release became available. Hope others enjoy it.
    Thanks a lot for taking the effort and sacrifice needed to tape it in full. Great video, man!
  6. One man listening party. Night 2. Here we go.
  7. It's strange hearing Beautiful Day after Lights of Home.
  8. "Now take the fucking roof off" Bono yells. I Will Follow and Gloria. Now it's a rock show.
  9. Debut of Red Flag Day!