1. I'm Brazilian but not involved with U2 BR... Some of them (and some of partners) are really kind of jerk... Some are good people and help the fans but others are ironic people with new and casual fans... Anyway I don't give a shit about this DVD (the same way I did about São Paulo 2011)
  2. Sad to hear...I throw it to the bin
  3. Brazilians always fucking up stuff (I'm a brazilian)
  4. disrespecting tapers like that is a no-no for me, too. so sorry they pulled this bullshit on you, hoserama

not even gonna click on those videos.
  5. Bummer! Hoserama hey stole your audio's !
    I wish U2 would officially release a DVD of JT2017 Tour !
    I 'd go and buy it in a heartbeat!
  6. that's why you should never release recordings with tapers wishes. It's out, so you're out of control. Just like the frequencies you are picking up with your scanner.. they are not there for tapers to pick up, but it happens anyway. It's U2's music and therefor it perfectly fits with the video. Of course it would have been nice when things like this could have solved in a decent manner.
  7. If you're going to steal somebody's work, then the least they could have done is give credit!

You're right about control. Once it's out, you don't have control over it. But somebody can still be called out over a subjective lack of decorum. I know I would never release a mix without somebody's permission, but apparently that level of respect does not carry over to the folks creating this project

Like I said, what's done is done. I'm glad people enjoyed my original release. But I still think this project did a jerk move, especially by mixing my audio with poor cell phone audio.
  8. If it's out there fans should do with it whatever they want.. As long as they don't make money out of it.
  9. Update:
    I heard in a message from Vetri. I do appreciate him attempting to reach out, so thank you there. Vetri reported the original audio was cell phone audio only. Then in April, project coordinator Rômulo (romulobortolozzo) started to include Bruno to do remasters. This remaster had my audio mixed in. Vetri stated he asked, and romulobortolozzo said it was ok to use my audio as long as it was used to fill in bugs and gaps. Vetri stated he assumed some sort of deal had been worked out, but was clear that he was never directly told about a deal. He was also clear the final decision came down to romulobortolozzo.

I'm not sure how much to believe. If the decision was truly from romulobortolozzo, then I can't hold it against Vetri.

Romulobortolozzo--can you confirm? I checked my PM's with you back in December 2017, where I was quite clear that I did not want my audio to be included in the project. You stated you understood, and would tell Vetri to not use my audio. Obviously that did not happen.

Both Vetri and Romulobortolozzo knew I did not want my audio included. One of the two decided to include it anyways, and also leave my name off the credits.
  10. Heard from Romulobortolozzo. He states my audio was used " fix minor gaps, but the major audio is a mix of audience. Bruno prefered to credit you as U2start as a whole as you can see in the credits."

Well, that ain't true. I can hear my audio during full songs. Romulobortolozzo also knew I did not want my audio to be included in this project from previous PMs. But they did anyways. So I guess that solves that mystery.

I will retract my harsh statements towards Vetri, since it appears he was somewhat caught in the middle (although he needs to be more vigilant about making sure ALL sources in his projects have given consent).

Instead, it seems pretty clear that Romulobortolozzo (and Bruno) did it all deliberately. So for that, I hope their commute to work is moderately uncomfortable for this upcoming week. Or some other mild inconvenience.

It's disappointing, but then again, not entirely surprising. I'm glad I chose not to collaborate with these folks. Like Rick said, once it's out, then you given up control. However, I like to think we can have a bit of fair decorum among fans. Guess not with the U2BR folks.
  11. Originally posted by hoserama:Update:
    I heard in a message from Vetri. I do appreciate him attempting to reach out, so thank you there. Vetri reported the original audio was cell phone audio only. Then in April, project coordinator Rômulo (romulobortolozzo) started to include Bruno to do remasters. This remaster had my audio mixed in. Vetri stated he asked, and romulobortolozzo said it was ok to use my audio as long as it was used to fill in bugs and gaps. Vetri stated he assumed some sort of deal had been worked out, but was clear that he was never directly told about a deal. He was also clear the final decision came down to romulobortolozzo.

I'm not sure how much to believe. If the decision was truly from romulobortolozzo, then I can't hold it against Vetri.

Romulobortolozzo--can you confirm? I checked my PM's with you back in December 2017, where I was quite clear that I did not want my audio to be included in the project. You stated you understood, and would tell Vetri to not use my audio. Obviously that did not happen.

Both Vetri and Romulobortolozzo knew I did not want my audio included. One of the two decided to include it anyways, and also leave my name off the credits.
    Your original audio sounds way better than this compressed bullshit that was released.