2018-05-26 - Nashville
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:
    Now if they could only squeeze in a song like Streets, WOWY or maybe even Bad between One and LIBTAIIW, I think it would make all the difference. Maybe U2 feels that this doesn't fit thematically , or perhaps they think it would lift the spirits too much, I don't know, but I think it will leave much more fans satisfied if they did.

For the rest I think the show works really well, although at this point I think the SBS is better replaced by RBW. And each time RFD is omitted, I do miss it.

I like that they are not doing any TJT songs on this tour, and think they should keep it that way. In fact, I was kinda hoping they would drop Vertigo, Beautiful Day, and Elevation too and just stick to new stuff or deep cuts. It would provide more exposure of the band's work to the casuals and the show is engaging enough I think that these songs aren't really needed.
  2. They should do an ATYCLB/HTDAAB nostalgia mini-tour, only so that they can drop BD, Elevation, Vertigo and COBL after that.
  3. LOL

Would love all those tours

But really glad that BD and Elevation are still in

So cool to hear them revive that good old "Trippy Elevation Mix" intro, as we just to call it
    It was actually one of the biggest surprises of the show for me

Good to hear various views on the set
    Even better that we can all dream out loud
  4. I was also at the Nashville show. It was fantastic - I didn't miss the songs they didn't play, including the JT songs that I had bemoaned they weren't playing on this tour. It really exemplifies the strength of their back catalog where they can cut JT out completely and still provide a strong concert. That being said, Gloria was outstanding, but I'd have loved RFD and RBW.

The crowd was great, even the seats (at least where I was) were on their feet almost the entire time. The floor looked insane with energy.

I think they are relying on the non-JT warhorses to keep the crowd engaged in a predictable way, in a fashion that fits the narrative. Elevation and Vertigo had more people on their feet than Desire.

My only critique is as others have noted - the encore. This is where they need the additional song, not in the pre-Cedarwood phase. One and LIBTAIIW were very strong, and although I liked 13, it ended on a "that's it?" phase. Just as others have observed, after 13 people looked around to figure out if they should go. It didn't help that it took awhile for the lights to come on.
  5. Nashville
    #sethcal