2018-06-11 - New York
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 19
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:I made a patch for the "Live At The Apollo" bootleg to include Red Flag Day from the periscope feed.
    To be found here: https://u2start.com/shows/2092/#!audio

The patch consists of two tracks: OOC + RFD and should allow for a seamless transition between the two sources.
    Just replace these two tracks with the Out Of Control from the original "Live At The Apollo" files.
    (You might want to re-number the tracks of the original Apollo bootleg then )

I slightly tweaked the Red Flag Day from the periscope to make the transition fades as easy as possible.
    The main issue with that RFD recording is, however, that it is a mono capture (or "joint stereo" really).
    Unfortunately this couldn't be helped (no peseudo stereo effects) but, as already noted by some, for
    a periscope feed recording the ("joint stereo") sound is quite remarkable...

Anyway, I hope this patch fills that tiny hole that the webcast left us with.

PS: this patch is available in both (lossy) flac and mp3, to fit the format of your choice.

For the completists, what about the false start to EBW? Do you know if its in any of the audio captures?
  2. Originally posted by marik:[..]

For the completists, what about the false start to EBW? Do you know if its in any of the audio captures?
    It's in Sarah's Periscope feed.
  3. Yes, it is. But in a far less quality. Somehow the quality of the feed dropped dramatically.

I didn't think it was worthy to include in the patch. The beauty of the restart moment gets kinda
    lost in the roar and lossiness of the feed
  4. It does, however, looks like this:

One channel only with lots of drops in volume. I didn't think it was actually an improvement of the clean periscope capture. Just my 2 cents.
  5. don't exist red fly with soudbioard quality?
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    It does, however, looks like this:

[image]
    One channel only with lots of drops in volume. I didn't think it was actually an improvement of the clean periscope capture. Just my 2 cents.
    she is better at listening
    I removed a lot of noises
  7. Trust me, I've listened too. It's just that actually looking at sound can already tell you a great deal. It's an attempt to objectivy the quality of sound. Of course, the final test will be in the hearing and that is always a subjective matter.

When I'm back at my computer, I shall post a similar image of the RFD patch so that you can compare.
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Trust me, I've listened too. It's just that actually looking at sound can already tell you a great deal. It's an attempt to objectivy the quality of sound. Of course, the final test will be in the hearing and that is always a subjective matter.

When I'm back at my computer, I shall post a similar image of the RFD patch so that you can compare.
    listen to the second version ! http://www.mediafire.com/file/hc9gc6v3ka7o2yq/RedFlagday.mp3
    you can't say that it is worse than Sarah Periscope !!!
  9. does anyone have a download of the entire audio from Sarah's periscope?
    or the video for that matter