1. Beautifully packaged box sets though. Really nice shiny text and other goodies and inserts.

2. Unfortunately they will continue to appear, inevitably they will continue to do so and fortunately the band is still active for it. Try not to buy them. I share these images as information, I do not invite anyone to buy them.
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:As a serious collector of U2 I have also collected many bootleg pressings on vinyl and some CD box sets. You can expect these 2018 box sets to be with a ridiculous asking price now.
    In comparison to 20 years ago when you could search for some excellent bootleg pressed recordings at very good prices, these are well off the radar in both quality and price.
    More than likely these initial releases will be of Russian origin until other 'pressings' arise from an European distribution who usually make multiple legs of concerts available often in very good packaging for a fraction of the cost.

Bootleg had sense in the 80s when you could find em on vinyls....now in the internet era where you can everything everywhere everytime,selling bootlegs on cds At high prices is a fuckin robbery
    F**k em all.b*****d sellers.i won't spend a quid For them
    Thanks u2start For all the free things
  4. This is more of a general question about bootlegs, not specifically E&I, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My question: can it sometimes take several years for recordings of shows to turn up online? I ask because I was at the Detroit JT2017 show last fall, and there's still been no sign of one from what I can tell.

Note: I'm not greedily asking for a bootleg or whining about one not being up the day after a show! Just genuinely curious how long it sometimes takes before bootlegs turn up from past tours. Perhaps I should give up hope for now (or perhaps I should have taken initiative and recorded the gig myself... )
  5. Originally posted by Ramone:[image]
    Unfortunately they will continue to appear, inevitably they will continue to do so and fortunately the band is still active for it. Try not to buy them. I share these images as information, I do not invite anyone to buy them.
    Where did you find these?
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:
    Note: I'm not greedily asking for a bootleg or whining about one not being up the day after a show! Just genuinely curious how long it sometimes takes before bootlegs turn up from past tours. Perhaps I should give up hope for now (or perhaps I should have taken initiative and recorded the gig myself... )

Ding ding!

But seriously, I know of three tapers that were there. However, two have never uploaded any of their U2 masters online, and another one posts the occasional U2 recording here an U2Start and other places, but makes his own choices on what to release (I can't judge on that front, I do the same thing).

So it WAS taped. Will it get released? Maybe eventually.
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:This is more of a general question about bootlegs, not specifically E&I, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My question: can it sometimes take several years for recordings of shows to turn up online? I ask because I was at the Detroit JT2017 show last fall, and there's still been no sign of one from what I can tell.

It can take however long the taper or the people holding the tapes chooses or, obviously going back further than last year, simply that they've forgotten about them or when your holding a big collection forgotten where you put them is a more likely scenario. You can throw in factors such as not wanting to see your recordings bootlegged as in the above examples or not wanting to see your recordings used online by others to profit through the use of filehosts which pay cashback to the uploader based on clicks or premium accounts sold eg the likes of filefactory, rapidgator etc. Personally sometimes i put stuff out (in a private environment for the real rarities) and for the other hundreds of tapes going back to 1980 there's more chance of seeing pigs fly.
  8. And I do not like it, it's just information.
  9. I like the new title